cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap on call charges

corsa57

Cap on call charges

Is it possible to invoke a cap on call charges each month.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cap on call charges

Not really
You can set the credit limit but if it is exceeded then the line is blocked and there is a charge to unblock it http://www.plus.net/support/phone/credit-limit-and-top-ups-guide.shtml
3. What happens if I use my credit before the end of the month?
As you approach your credit limit, we'll email you to make sure you know that you're getting close.
If you reach or go over your credit limit, your calls (apart from emergency and operator) will be redirected to our Support Team and a charge of £5.76 will be added to your next bill.
You'll need to top-up and have at least £5 credit available before you can make calls again.

You can increase the credit limit via the portal but can only reduce it by raising a ticket
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Anytime calls cost £5 per month, adding 300 minutes of international calls costs £2 per month and you can buy 100 minutes to mobiles at £3 per month.  That does not cover every possibility and you could exceed your international or mobile allowance but for many practical purposes these could limit your call charges. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

unless someone in the property phones premium rate numbers including the directory enquiry scams (all of them)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Unfortunately Plusnet do not know what your call charges are until BT Wholesale update them (daily I think) so any cap at CP level (Plusnet) would not be effective against high charges run up during one day.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I believe it is technically possible to bar outgoing calls to premium rate numbers http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/downloads/wlr01811.pdf .  I understand that BT offer this service for a monthly fee but I don't know if Plusnet do likewise.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi corsa57,
Unfortunately outbound call barring isn't a feature that we offer nor is barring calls to premium rate numbers.
Sorry if this causes any inconvenience Sad
I will certainly make the recommendation for this to be considered for the future, however, there are no guarantees that the suggestion will be put into practice though Sad