cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant pay overdue bill from abroad

Janieedee
Hooked

Cant pay overdue bill from abroad

I want to pay my final bill, I really do! I have moved abroad and cannot get through to Plusnet to pay. I have a number to ring from abroad, but when I do I get a recorded message that cuts in and out and then tells me I can't pay by phone. I have tried online help who just tell me to ring or use a plus.net/pay link which doesn't work. I have tried email, but no one answers me. Can someone please ring me and I'll pay the bill.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: Cant pay overdue bill from abroad

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not managed to make your payment.

Can you please provide us with your best contact number and what time you'd like to be called so we can arrange a callback.

Thank you,

Aisha

Janieedee
Hooked

I have replied to the notification, as I don't want to post my telephone number here. Hope that's okay.

Jane

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Do you mean you replied to the email notification?  If so, that will likely be black-holed.  You're best option would probably be to send Aisha a PM

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Janieedee
Hooked

Thank you, have sent a PM. Plusnet really don't make it easy to contact them!

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

If you're outside of the EU, I don't think i'd have bothered!

Janieedee
Hooked

Well, they rang me. spent 27 minutes on the phone, most of it on hold, and they still can't take a payment from me. They are ringing me back on Thursday. Really, really tempted to just tell Plusnet to go whistle for the money, you'd think I was trying to get money from them, not give it to them.

Janieedee
Hooked

Seriously Plusnet, do you not talk to each other?!?!?

I am waiting for a call back to sort this problem and now I have received the following. I did receive a call, but when I answered it, the caller hung up and this isn't the person I am waiting for.

CAN SOMEONE FROM PLUSNET RING ME IMMEDIATELY

Dear Ms Dickerson,

Good Morning
I am currently in the process of closing down your account fully. However, I am unable to do this due to an outstanding cancellation charge of £10.50.

Please contact us as soon as possible to make payment of your final fees. The number to call is 0800 077 8488. We are open between 8:00-20:00 Monday to Friday.

Failure to make payment of your final fees will result in your account being passed onto our third party debt collection agency where 25% of the balance will be added on.

Kind regards,   [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your time on the phone @Janieedee

I'm sorry again for the issues you've had trying to pay your final bill.

I've emailed you following our conversation.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet