cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant order a static ip

RickM

Cant order a static ip

Hi,

I'm new to Plusnet (signed up a couple of weeks ago) and I'm trying to get a static ip but the account area seems to be a bit broken. I get ransom error messages when I login sometimes, and on the addons page its saying that its unable to make changes.

Can someone let me know whats up here, and if possible put the static ip order in for me? (Aware that theres a £5 setup fee and have no problem with this).

Also not sure if this can be done at the same time but I'm aware the RDNS can be set to be <ip>.plus.net or something (Basically taking your username off of the RDNS - could that be done as well.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Cant order a static ip

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts / Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @RickM,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. I have applied the static ip on your account and the £5 will be applied to your next invoice. I regards to reverse dns this is a service you can use however we are unable support you with it.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@EdWeasley 

I regards to reverse dns this is a service you can use however we are unable support you with it.

All the OP is asking for is for the static IP to be anonomised to <ip>.plus.net rather than have the username disclosed.

You can arrange that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@RickM  As MisterW says this can be done. In fact it is one of the few things that be raised on a ticket so bypassing the front line staff and apparently forum staff who don't seem to understand what you want.😮 See message #5 by edwh in this thread.for info on raising the ticket/question.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/reverse-dns-for-static-ip-no-longer-possible/m-p/17001...