cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make payment by card

JoshuaBall

Cant make payment by card

Overdrawn in my account so the direct debit will fail, rang support to make a payment using the other half's card and got told that I can't make the payment they cant take payments with cards over the phone? I have a payment plan set up which they have told me that will fail due to the payment being missed and I will have to pay 2 months to get my services back yet I want to make the payment now using a card? Why is it so hard to do? Really don't understand how a card payment can't be done! 

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Cant make payment by card

Hi @JoshuaBall, I'm very sorry that you weren't able to make the payment via card when contacting us. Whilst-ever a direct debit is pending on our side (regardless whether or not you know this will fail) we would not be able to take a card payment as we wouldn't have the option to do so.

Once your direct debit payment fails (you'll receive notification of this) you will need to contact us right away to make the payment. If at this point you then don't make payment you would have to pay all amounts owed in one go.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
JoshuaBall

@LaurenB 

So do if I ring up oni the same day to make the payment being the 9th of this month are you telling me that I won't have to owe all the remaining balance and my payment plan will still be valid?

If so can you make a not on my account of this for me? Just as a fail-safe for when I do make the phonecall on the 9th?

My username is [Removed]

Thanks Josh

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Josh.

Sorry for the confusion, if the direct debit payment fails then the payment plan will likely be rejected in the system and you'll need to pay everything outstanding in one go. Unfortunately if this happens there won't be anything that anyone can do as payment plans are strict and can only be applied once every 6 months with no manual workaround I'm afraid. Sad

This is in line with the payment plan confirmation email we've sent at the time(Can also be viewed online Here).

Apologies for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JoshuaBall

It’s due to unforeseen circumstances that this has happened I have the money to pay for the bill just using my partner’s card! I find it hard to believe that there is no system in place for me to make a card payment! This legitimately the only company I have ever come across that it seems to be a problem with, 4 years of service I miss a payment and there is no compassion or work around this minor problem! I really am going to think twice about renewing with you guys I’m completely baffled

Josh
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Josh.

I understand what you've said but unfortunately due to system limitations I'm afraid it's not possible.

As a workaround, is your partner able to transfer the money into your account before the 9th?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet