Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get a MAC key

magneta
Dabbler

Re: Cant get a MAC key

Hi Adam
Why is taking so long to clear the line? You have previously replied that it will be completed before 5 pm on last Wednesday. Still it is not done yet. Please make it quick. This is really tiring. This is the 10th day after I have ordered the service and the hardware isn't even dispatched yet. My status says the hardware order has not been placed. What is happening?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: magneta
Why is taking so long to clear the line?

BT!
These situations are always a mess and frustrate PN as much as the customers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Whilst we don't want to defer blame our suppliers BT Wholesale are responsible for clearing the line on our behalf. Unfortunately we were advised that we should have a response with in 5 working hours. We do take this very seriously and I'm now escalating this with our suppliers and raising a complaint on your behalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
magneta
Dabbler

Hi
I would like to escalate this issue and raise a compliant. My patience is wearing off. How long do I have to wait to get a service cleared from my line and new service installed? This is really frustrating. Please let me know if this could be done within today or not. Else I would like to cancel my order.
There seems to be no point in waiting for such a long time.
Regards
Magneta
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi magneta,
I'm sorry, Adam's off ill today but I'm chasing this for you now - I'll update shortly, sorry this is such a hassle.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right... thanks for your time on the phone, it looks like the phone line is still active with Sky in the name of the previous occupants which is why we're not able to place the broadband order. I'm very sorry you weren't told this before.
If you'd like to take phone with us it'd be £11.99 a month for line rental with evening and weekend calls to UK land lines (01 and 02 numbers) included; alternatively you need to contact the provider of your choice and have the line activated in your name though it would need to be a BT line if we are to provide a Broadband service there.
Please let us know when this has been done either by replying to this forum post or ideally by commenting on your open ticket - you can see this at http://contactus.plus.net
Hope that helps, and as I said I'm sorry you weren't advised of this before.
magneta
Dabbler

Hi Matt
Thanks for the call. i would like to cancel my order and get my money back. Please let me know how to cancel it. I have updated the same response in my ticket too.
Regards
Magneta
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
That's now been actioned for you, I'm sorry about how this all happened.