Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get a MAC key

magneta
Dabbler

Cant get a MAC key

Hi
I am a new user.
I have recently moved to a new house and have ordered Plusnet yesterday. The order details mention that i need a MAC key to activate my service.
The problem is, the previous tenant who had a different ISP have moved out of the country. I have no way to contact them and ask for the MAC key. I dont even have an idea about which ISP they were using previously. What should I do in this case? Can Plusnet activate my service without MAC key? I have also raised a ticket #39664620.
Regards
Magneta
22 REPLIES 22
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Cant get a MAC key

Hi there,
Welcome to Plusnet and to the forums.
Unfortunately a MAC key only works if you were the paying customer for the previous ISP. The procedure here is for the service to be removed altogether before we can re-instate ours. I'll flag your ticket with the appropriate team to make sure we can get the ball rolling with that.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
magneta
Dabbler

Hi Adam
Thanks for the reply. So does this mean I dont have to worry about the MAC key? will the new service be still activated? The previous tenant has closed their ISP.
Regards
Magneta
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Yes, don't worry about a MAC key one won't be needed.
I've contacted our suppliers to raise a 'tags query' I'm expecting a response by  e-mail within 5 working hours, this should confirm how long it will take for the Sky service to be removed from the line so I'll keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum magneta Smiley
I hope everything goes well for you but you are in good hands with Adam and the digital Care team Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
magneta
Dabbler

Hi Adam/Strat
Thanks for your replies. My house owner has a sky TV connection at home. I dont want THAT sky connection to be removed.
I  only want a standalone broadband through the existing BT line number which i have specified in my order. Please let me know if this could be done.
Regards
Magneta
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi magenta,
This can be done but we BT need to clear the Sky service off the line first before we can activate our broadband on the same line. I'm just waiting for an e-mail back with details about how long this should take.
If I don't get a reply by tomorrow morning I'll chase it up by phone then I'll be in touch with yourself with an update.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
magneta
Dabbler

Hi
I have not got any updates from your support team yet. What is the status of my order and why has not my internet service been activated yet?  Has the sky service removed from my line ? Please provide further details. I have ordered the service on 8th Feb 2011. No updates as of yet.
Regards
Magneta
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'm chasing this with our suppliers right now.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
magneta
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me how long it is going to take? I have been internet less  at home for close to 10 days. Kindly make it quick.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

magneta,
We'll all we can, my colleague Matt is also helping with this now. Hopefully we can get this pushed through quickly as we originally notified our suppliers of the issue 6 days ago.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, I've just got off the phone with the tags team and they've said it should be clear by 5pm today... I'll keep an eye on it and see if that actually happens, but we'll be chasing if it doesn't.
Assuming that does all go according to plan we'll be able to get the order placed for you tonight meaning that the broadband should be active next week for you.
magneta
Dabbler

Thanks. Thats good news. But still fingers crossed for the clearance by 5 pm today.  Please update me once it is done and the date when I would receive my internet.
magneta
Dabbler

Hi There
Has the service been cleared from my line? What is the update? and Why do I not get a response for my ticket #39664620?
Kindly let me know the date I will get my internet service.
Magneta
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

magneta,
We're waiting for our suppliers to take action to clear the line before we can raise an order so we can't provide a date just yet I'm afraid, I'm about to start chasing this again now. We'll give you a date was soon as we're able to which hopefully won't take too long.
Thanks for your patience so far,
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team