cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant adjust

mathewlisett
Grafter

Cant adjust

well since i dont want  to be billed a further £5 when it goes over 20gb, ive tried like previously to do the 0.00 as the limit. but now for some reason its tellign me it has to be £10.00 or more.
WTH is going on. ill be damned if i have to fork out an extra £5 when i dont want to and im trying to do the restriction to the speed.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cant adjust

As you have already been charged £10 extra  setting the limit at that will mean that there will be more further charges this billing month.
You can't set it to less than you have already been charged
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just to clarify this Jim, does that mean it CAN be adjusted down after the end of the current billing period (but BEFORE) usage allowance is exceeded?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Yes
mathewlisett
Grafter

ok im confused, i dont want it to automatically add more when i pass the 20gb mark. so are you saying tough luck , or soemthign else.
becuase from previous topics on this subject ive been told to set it at 0.00 so that it doesnt add more.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You've paid £10 to get you to 20GB this month already, so you won't pay more than that this month as long as you set your maximum to £10.
When your billing cycle ticks over you can reduce it to 0 if you want any extra next month.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The maximum extra spend is the amount extra Plusnet can charge you in a billing month
It isn't incremental so having already been charged £5 the maximum extra charge includes that £5.
So when you set the maximum extra spend to £10 in a billing month that is the maximum extra charge for that billing month even though you have already been charged £10 (you haven't actually been charged £10 yet but it has been added to the bill you will get at the end of the billing month).
So setting the maximum extra spend to £10 limits the bill for broadband to the standard charge plus £10.
This is why you can't set the maximum charge to zero as you have already had a £10 charge added to your account which will be added to the bill at you receive at the end of your billing month
mathewlisett
Grafter

so by your explaination, if the gb amount goes over 20gb, i wont be charged anymore than what ive asked to be billed extra ie the 2x£5
so as long as i set it to £10, it wont charge me extra when i go over.
edit:
well you say you cant set it to 0.00 after adding extra, this is what has been done before and even advised by the staff on here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You can't set it to zero after having used extra - you can set it to zero before using extra and after the end of the billing month
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
You'd need to leave it set at £10 for the remainder of the month as that's what's already been spent, though as soon as you've passed your billing date you should be able to change it to 0.00. I'll have a word internally about the setting to 0.00 after usage has already been added, make sure everyone's aware - thanks for that.