Cannot view my bill using Chrome

FIXED
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Cannot view my bill using Chrome

Hi @johnabacus

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you had such trouble trying to view your invoices.

I am glad that you managed to find the cause of the issue for yourself, I will pass on the information regarding the ad blocker as this may prove useful in resolving the wider issue.

If you have any further problems then feel free to get in touch.

johnabacus

Hi Warwick. If you re read my post it wasn't the Ad Blocker that was causing the problem. It was because the Chrome default is to block Pop Ups which is how your website deals with requests to view Bills. I would imagine that Edge and Firefox defaults are also to block Pop Ups.

If you can put a note on the website that Pop Ups need to be enabled to view Bills your customers wouldn't have to waste time figuring out what should be a straight forward action.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass it on but we can't guarantee we'll add this to the website

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Enabling pop-ups using Chrome may work for some, but there are clearly other issues in play - I can view my account and billing details with or without pop-ups blocked.

Win7, Chrome, Adblock Plus.