Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view my bill using Chrome

FIXED
efcstevee
Dabbler

Cannot view my bill using Chrome

I am unable to view my bills using chrome (just get a blank screen) but I can view the bills using Firefox

As I now use chrome as a default I would like to know if there is a setting that I can tick to allow me to view my bills in chrome

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot view my bill using Chrome

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@efcsteve

Can you explain exactly what is happening as I use Chrome (latest version) and can read the new style bill 100% inside Chrome without any addons.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
efcstevee
Dabbler

From Manage Account I Click on View my Bill – Screen then goes blank apart from the side menu and the menu at top of page

Strange because if I use chrome on my phone the billing & top up options come up OK

Must be something in Chrome on my laptop that is stopping the screen from viewing

efcstevee
Dabbler

Forgot to add I'm using the latest version of chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

SpendLessTime
Hero

Fix

Try clearing out the cookies for Plusnet.

Also when I click the "Bills and Payment", it can take up to a minute to load the "Bills and Payment" screen during which time the central screen area is blanked.

Also look in the lower left hand corner of the browser screen as you click on the Bills menu option and you will see it has URLs of what it is loading and what it is waiting for. It maybe getting stuck on one of those URLs.

Finally some people who use auto login to the site have reported issues with the loading of the bills. Check this in the "connection settings" and if enabled, disable it to see if the issue goes away.

efcstevee
Dabbler

Thanks very much

Switched off autologin

Tried viewing bill & noted that it was waiting for iac.plus.net which takes along time to open but it does eventually get there

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Seems to me that as with many items of software intended to work reliably on all platforms it's probably become too complex to expect mere mortals to get it right 100% 24/7.
SpendLessTime
Hero

@JayG

As a former software developer, it isn't too hard to get things working across multiple browsers (if you aim for the most popular in order - Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera).

There are plenty of cross platform libraries which the developers can use to abstract the issues.

And then comes the part that most developers and companies hate to do properly.

TESTING.

That costs money to do well and given the issues seen here, it is obvious that it hasn't been done properly. Lots of management hate testing as they cannot cost account for it so they only pay lip service to it.

Hopefully OFCOM will fine Plusnet a multi million pound fine for this fiasco and then the management can see the cost of not doing things correctly.

ChasL
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hello All,

Sorry but I too am experiencing the same problem when trying to view my bills.

I can login to my account but click VIEW BILLS and the bottom section of the page goes blank and stays that way, no matter how long I have waited. Tried the following:

• Log out and log back in
  • Clear Browser (CHROME) Cache and cookies
  • Tried different browsers (FIREFOX, IE and EDGE)
  • Tried Incognito window in chrome which is SAFE MODE and turns off browser add-ons
  • Rebooted the laptop
  • Tried another Windows 10 PC with all of the above.

So what do I have to do to be able to see my bills please?

Screen grabs, of what I get.

Logged in before clicking View BillsLogged in before clicking View Bills    Bills screen immediately after clicking View BillsBills screen immediately after clicking View Bills
Bills screen 5 MINUTES after clicking View BillsBills screen 5 MINUTES after clicking View Bills

Any help or guidance not already offered would be gratefully received, thanks

Chas

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @ChasL,

I am sorry to see you are having trouble viewing the billing tab on your member centre and I apologise for the frustration caused.

We currently have a system error that is causing this to happen on certain accounts. I have passed the account details onto the relevant team to be worked on. We do not have a fix just yet, however, we are working on getting this corrected.

Thank your patience and understanding with us during this time.

shinyhead

Hi Plusnet Help Team,

I have been through the same debug steps as @ChasL above, and have exactly the same problem :-(.  Please could you pass on my account details to the team working on the problem too?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi shinyhead, 

Sorry about this, it looks like you've been affected by the issue mentioned here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/White-Screen-of-death/td-p/1606564/page/3

I'll get your account details added to the problem notes. I'm monitoring for updates and will be adding updates to that thread when we have them. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shinyhead

Thanks for your help Adam - much appreciated Smiley .

johnabacus

I had the same problem today with Chrome and Firefox. None of the buttons were working on the View Bill page. I opened a chat which proved completely useless as the agent obviously wasn't aware of the number of people having the problem. I have an Ad Blocker which I ventured to the Agent may have been the issue but following his advice to disable it even when disabling it I still couldn't get the Bill to view and instead got a message "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later". He suggested I try Edge Browser and after first getting a message that POP UPS were blocked I clicked to allow them and hey presto the Bill came up in a new window.

The agent blamed a setting on my Chrome Browser but insisted he couldn't help with Chrome Settings at which point I terminated the Chat.

Subsequently I went into Chrome Browser Settings and found that by default Pop Ups are disabled. Once I put in an exception for the Plus Website the Bills opened in a new window as it did in EDGE .

If a message came up on the Chrome Browser that Pop Ups were blocked it would have been much easier to resolve. Not sure if this is an issue with the Plus Website or not. Regardless of where the problem lies it would be easy to put a note on the Plus Website to allow Pop Ups in order to view Bills - problem solved.