Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill

broadband_user
Dabbler

Cannot view bill

Hi,

For some reason, when I go to:

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mybillsandpayments&membermenu=billsandpayments

I see a blank screen under the Plusnet advertising. Attached.

Can anyone tell me how to get a bill I can view?

Plain text is fine. I just need to know how the bill breaks down. Line rental, broadband, call charges etc.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Cannot view bill

@broadband_user 

If you are selecting Billing from the Top Line on the Home Page then ignore that link, it doesn't work for me either.

Try going back to the Home page and selecting View Bills on the left hand side under the title My Bill. That does work for me.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

broadband_user
Dabbler

That takes me to the same page with no bill.  A 'Loading' message flashes up briefly but that's it.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

How long do you wait? - I have had that issue on odd occasions, but given 20-30 seconds, the page eventually loads.

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@broadband_user 

If you're using Firefox it won't work, hasn't for me since a year ago at least. I have to use MS Edge or similar to view my bill. Apparently PN does not meet Firefox security requirements and given the chaotic PN billing system I'm not surprised. Great BB service I hasten to add, if only the billing matched the connection

broadband_user
Dabbler

Five minutes.

Looking at the code behind the page, Plusnet appear to be embedding one page into another, but the embedded page has no body information in it, which would explain why it's blank. Attached.

jab1
Legend

@Longliner I think you are incorrect, sorry. I have no problems using FF on either my W7 or Linux machines.

@broadband_user In that case I am stumped - which browser are you using, on what device? - Firefox obviously, sorry I missed that. Embarrassed

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @broadband_user 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues viewing your bill

What I've found to help is opening the website up in a browser via private browsing (or Chrome's incognito mode)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
broadband_user
Dabbler

Just tried that. Ctrl+Shift+P opens a new window. Same result.

Viewing a bill should not be this complicated. Plain text would do and that would render in any browser since Netscape.

How do I get a pdf (or a copy) of my bill out of Plusnet then? Should I raise a technical issue with customer services?

Thanks.

jab1
Legend

Is your browser current ?- I know I had problems a year or so back when for some reason it forgot the auto-update instruction and left me using an old release.

I suspect your machine, with respect - as I said, I have no problems on either of my machines - or iPad, having just checked that as well.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've attached your latest bill onto a support ticket 214368248 you can view from the home screen of your account.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
broadband_user
Dabbler

That worked. Thanks.

How do I get this PDF every month from now on? Raise a question on the portal, or can you set the system up to mail it to me?

Regards.

jab1
Legend

Out of curiosity, @broadband_user  - have you ever been able to view your bills, or have you never looked before?

John
broadband_user
Dabbler

When I was at work using a very modern computer - yes, but as I now work from home on a computer that is 10+ years old - No.

I don't want to spend 400+ on a new computer just to view my bill.

Is there a Plusnet website for old computers? Link perhaps? I don't care if it looks dated, so long as the ability to view a bill is there. Everything else on my old computer works; news websites, my online bank, online forums, it's just the Plusnet website.

Thanks.

jab1
Legend

That explains it all, @broadband_user - on a 10-y-o machine, you will possibly not be able to run the current version of FF, which means the site, and possibly others, won't function correctly. Which OS and which version of FF are you running?

One suggestion, which I will try on my other machine and report back if it works, may be to use the 'Pale Moon' browser, which although based on and works exactly like FF, is more suited to older machines.

BTW - you can get second-hand/refurbished fairly modern gear for much less than £400.

John