Not applicable

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

I am sure this worked for me just the other day but on trying now I get this:

Oops!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@Anonymous - Don't know if this is the correct solution (probably not Wink ) but someone earlier suggested disabling a cookie call something like 'iac.plusnet'  I did, and haven't had that response since.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jab1, but it may have been down to bad timing, as when I went back to look it work and I don't have that cookie set. Also, it may be down to the fact that my bill isn't due until the end of the month, so I'm not getting the full experience yet.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Things seem to be getting worse again.

I am still having no luck on Chrome trying to get at Bills and Payments – just the large blank space in the centre of the web page.

On Firefox, which was OK early this morning, I now get a red error box with “Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later”; or, I get only the Bills and Payments sub-headings with no other information and with no facility to drill down to the actual bills etc., when clicking on a sub-heading; or, I get the large blank space.

Also on Firefox, in the Member Centre main page, I get a third blue information background area with the text “Your next bill is due on 01-Jan- 1970”, or, more often, the red box with “Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later”. On Chrome this area on the Members Centre main page consists of another large blank space.

As Firefox was working earlier, is this really an issue with PN’s server capacity as it is reasonable to assume that there will be more customers trying to connect now that at 0730 this morning?

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Works for me using Chrome, but slowly -  several seconds before blank space is replaced with billing options.

LawrenceA
Hooked

My God, what have PlusNet done to the online billing system?

What a complete and utter pig's breakfast!

I'm trying to investigate what the additional £12.56 call charges relate to on my phone bill.

Not only does the itemised bill take so long to load that I could go and watch a documentary about snails, but when it does eventually load, apparently I have NO billed calls. (So where has the £12.56 come from?)

Who are your project managers for this "improvement?" The same ones TSB used for their user migration? Northern Rail?

What an total failure!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sure this worked for me just the other day but on trying now I get this:...

@Anonymous,

When I saw that it rather looked as though my portal session had timed out (I believe there have been changes in that area of the portal) and I found doing a forced log out and log back in seemed to cure that message. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

I just ran up the page in Edge with debug running … it calls up shedloads of resources, here's a cookie list..

name domain path
_aw_m_2973 plus.net /
_aw_m_2974 plus.net /
_callwinid plus.net /
_ga plus.net /
_gid plus.net /
ADRUM plus.net /
AFFILIATE_ID plus.net /
affwin_store plus.net /
auth_realm plus.net /
clientDataSettings preferencesLastUpdated:1526980189097 policyVersion:{"major":1
ecos.dt plus.net /
eds plus.net /
JSESSIONID iac.plus.net /prgatewayweb/
JSESSIONID iac.plus.net /
LPSID-78585400 plus.net /
LPVID plus.net /
pn.expander plus.net /
pn_actor_id plus.net /
pn_actor_persist_id plus.net /
pn_cookiebanner plus.net /
pn_service_id plus.net /
pn_session plus.net /
pn_session_secret plus.net /
portalcommonsession plus.net /
prGatewaySESSIONID iac.plus.net /prgatewayweb/PRPCGateway
signInEventStatus plus.net /
storagePreferences anonymous analytics:true performance:true
UTT plus.net /
WT_CUSTOM plus.net /
WT_FPC plus.net /
WT_PENDING plus.net /

The payload is very large (4+MB) and I noticed that there is a lot of static content (gifs and png files) which are not being cached.  Will look at more diagnostics another time...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LawrenceA
Hooked

Gifs, pngs, resources, cookies.....

I only want to see an itemised bill. We've been able to do that on paper since the 1980s.

Why is this proving so hard, PlusNet? You're not splitting the atom or putting a man on the moon.

If we can play a fantasy wargame with 50 other people dotted around the globe on a modern PC, we should be able to read a simple phone bill.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Townman, the Chrome debug is good too - it can provide timings for all the various components, download and decoding/execution. It isn't pretty for the new billing system - there is a lot of unnecessary stuff (for displaying a bill) going on.

Looking deeper at the scripts that are downloaded, there are large chunks of commented out code etc.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Townman, I think that may well have been the case here as I had closed* and reopened by browser by the time I'd made the second viewing.

*And when I close my browser all cookies etc are cleared by default.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

I can now see my bill for 09/09/18 - and the badly identified link opens perfectly in SumatraPDF, to give a perfectly understandable format. BUT I have a question - are we still supposed to have email notification, as I haven't had any, and there is nothing in 'My Questions' to indicate one has been generated.

John
jgb
Champion

This morning, using Chrome, I went into the Member Centre (didn’t need to log in as Auto Login was enabled) and tried to view “Bills and Payments” – nothing just a blank space yet again.

I then logged off from the Member Centre and logged on again and, lo and behold, the “Bills and Payments” page worked and I could see the bills etc. Also on the Members Centre opening page the third blue information box now displayed properly.

I then enabled Auto Login and everything still seemed OK. Hopefully that has sorted it and the log out/log in procedure has cleared whatever was blocking the correct display of the “Bills and Payments” page.  Or, have PN done something today?

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Still very flakey; can't get in at all in Firefox but got in at third attempt in Chrome!

jgb
Champion

@davidj66  Yes, still flakey. On Firefox, earlier today it was working for me  but now I only get the headings in the “Bills and Payments” page or a “Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later” message.

Also the third blue information box in the Member Centre page either gives a “your next bill is due on 01-Jan-1970” message, or is a red ” Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later” message!

But Chrome is still OK so far.