cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Julee
Grafter

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

I read your post and thought I had written it? I have been with plusnet for a decade, and found I could not view my bill. After a week I received notice of my bill and had been overcharged. Rang twice and was told it would be amended, which it was not. The third phone call I was told it was to late and I would be refunded. It's the principle of the thing. Every penny counts in this day and age. Customer service staff must be really cheeses off with so many complaints after the complete mess up that has been made in the so called up grade to the website. It is the people that installed the up grade and designed it that people should be cross with. I no longer have access to the internet security either. Good luck with your issues.

Julee
Grafter

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Nothing more to say than these quotes become boring.

Julee
Grafter

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Oh that's nice that you got an e-mail, I just got over charged, after I could not view my bill.

Julee
Grafter

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

Unless like me you are overcharged. Hope this doesn't continue until 2037. 😕

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I just get this:

Screenshot_2018-09-16_16-03-56.pngBut then it appeared - but I cannot actually view my bill - just the summary.

This really is extremely poor.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's working for me in FF 62.0 (64-bit) with a bit of patience albeit a bit lumpy.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SteveA
Pro

None of the buttons work - Firefox Web console is showing errors on page load and errors when you click on any button.

Did anyone actually test this before putting it live?

It seems to work slightly better in Chrome in that I get a popup with a set of bill dates in a drop down.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Julee

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the billing issues you've experienced.

I can see that my colleague has addressed your concerns on a ticket here. Could you let me know if there's anything outstanding since that contact?

Best wishes,

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

@SteveA,

If it works in one browser and not another, then suspect that the browser is defective. Lots of issues in lots of places have been experienced with various versions of FF.

Try another which functions correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteveA
Pro

The error on the console is:

XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: https://iac.plus.net/prgatewayweb/PRPCGateway Line Number 1, Column 1:

So I guess the Firefox XML Parser is a bit stricter than the one on Chrome - but as others have said it works in FF that suggests something possibly wrong in the underlying data.    Still doesn't explain the Screen shot I posted.

LawrenceA
Hooked

I am staggered that Pus Net are not taking this billing issue seriously and doing something about it. This is the sort of thing which not only sheds customer confidence at an alarming rate but ultimately will result in reports to the ombudsman.

As for the comment "try using a browser that works properly," how arrogant! I am using 2 different browsers, Firefox and Chrome as a fallback which both work perfectly on every other website except for Pus Net's "new improved" billing pages. Blaming the browsers is lazy. The website has been badly designed and left to the paying customers to do the testing and find the bugs.

I've been a customer of PlusNet (and previously Force9) since 2011 with no cause for complaint, but this present billing farce is really trying my loyalty to breaking point.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@LawrenceA

I totally agree. I too am using Chrome and Firefox and I still have issues with both. In either, whether or not the billing pages open or not seems random. Sometimes logging off the Member Centre and logging back on cures it, but not always.

Given the other issues with the new billing system raised on these forums, it seems only proper that customers can actually view their bills easily – why not include the pdf file in the email advising that the bill is ready.

One other thing, that email advises that the direct debit will be taken “on or after” a certain date; whereas the wording on the bill itself is “on or around” that date. Mine was taken before the date, so “on or around” seems to apply!

Julee
Grafter

I received an e-mail from you, sorry I did not post anything with reference to different browsers, I found it offensive that you accused me of writing something I did not post. These are discussion web sites, don't take thinks so hard. I'm sure whoever did post the comments did not mean to offend you, maybe they were just suggestions. Good luck with your problems whatever they are.

infidelus
Rising Star

I'd say it's more likely lazy development by the web designer(s).  They should have tested the site on all the major browsers before releasing it for public consumption.  IE the incompatible is not king and there's just no excuse for it these days.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

May be equally it’s just defective browser behaviour - it’s bit unheard of.

Having not applied every twist turn and hack to make some browsers work in every concievable aspect is not lazy; the suggest that it was presumed that all foibles of every browser are known at the time of building the code.

FF seems to be forever releasing new versions. One could spend a life time testing that one browser alone. Seems odd that the one browser seems to be accountable for the majority of the failure reports, whilst those using Edge, Safari, Opera and others do not seem to be encountering the same level of issues.

Yes I know pointing out that FF appears to be flawed is unpopular but that’s what the evidence seems to indicate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.