cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Anon
Pro

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

Wonder if this forum will be the next target to fiddle with and put out of order for a few months?

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
llwynog
Hooked

Isn't it stupid, after all this time, the tech people have not worked out how to prepare the bills in a simple PDF format.  I do not understand how Which rate them so high year after year - they need to look at some community files and re-assess. This month I did not even get an email telling me how much from my bank - can it get any better? This is not my only problem but thats another topic.

llwynog
Hooked

Well, its nearly a year and the problems not yet fixed.  I am a paid up member of Which and will follow your example and contact them regarding our 'troubles'.  We need everyone else to do the same.  I was with one ISP near the bottom but never had these complications.

terryb44
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I am using Firefox Quantum, latest version, but have not been able to access the "View my Bills" page for months. All I get is a white screen. I can see it in Internet Explorer. This issue seems to have been going on for years now, when can I expect to be able to see my bills, and what is the problem?

Anon
Pro

I think that if they reply it will be "we don't know" to both questions.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@terryb44

A warm welcome to the forums.

Have you tried...

(A) a forced log out using the log out option then logging on again?

(B) a different browser?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

terryb44
Hooked

Uninstalled Firefox completely, reinstalled it and it worked - once anyway, the next time I went in I got a message saying "Oops, something went wrong, we're trying to fix it!". Took me ages to get all my passwords back too!

Just tried again now and it worked again, but I had to wait a while for the page to appear.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

That very much sounds like a stale cookie / session token problem.

If the logged in portal session times out, just logging back in to the portal does not always clear out previous session states.  Using the explicit log out option does generally clean everything up … though 'smart' software which mess with such things can cause problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Don't know whether an update to Firefox has fixed the "bills not viewable" issue or the coders at PN have finally sorted it out - but I can now view bills without having to change to the Chrome browser!!

Logged in this morning to see whether Monthly Usage had really been removed - it had - and just tried Billing out of interest!!

I'm on Firefox Quantum 68.0.1 (64 bit)

terryb44
Hooked

Yes, not sure what's changed but mine is working in Firefox too now, although there is a short wait before it loads. My only problem now is that Adobe Reader no longer seems to work after the latest Windows 10 Update and as the bills are in PDF format I have to use Firefox to view and download them! You just can't win can you!

Total_Chaos
Rising Star

I have been using opera to view bills.  (Same engine as Chrome.)  However seeing the latest comments tried FF with the latest update and I cannot see bills.  However in the past immediately after an update occasionally you could see the bill but when you revisited it later you could not see the bill so the same may apply this time.

Firefox is one of the most regularly updated browsers and actually closer to the latest standards than most others.  Personally I think that Plusnet have made a conscious decision not to bother with FF. After all they can just force customers to use another browser that works without PN putting any effort into resolving  the problem.    

Incidentally if you are having issues with Adobe Reader try "Foxit" the free version. I dropped Adobe Reader several years ago and have never had a real issue with "Foxit" whether within a browser or standalone.  The one support question I raised a couple of years ago was responded to quickly.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I've got latest Firefox 68.0.1 too and I'm very pleased with it, having used no other browser for many years. Just for interest I tried viewing my PN bill and got a 'contact system administrator' warning; tried again and it worked perfectly. As mentioned before, I have had billing problems every time I have entered or altered my contract, but the broadband/phone service has never faltered. If only PN could sort out its billing problems there wouldn't be an ISP to touch it ...

llwynog
Hooked

I also have let Which know my concerns, especially as they had them 2nd and my previous ISP bottom!  I tried again today to see my detail account - lovely white page.  Have latest FF and will not change it. FYI AVG on my system states (not evertime) it a 'dangerous' site. Hmm -

Total_Chaos
Rising Star

I think you will find that PN have decided that they cannot be bothered as it can be viewed in other browsers.  FF is the most updated, advanced, and probably secure web browser.  It has been like this since PN brought in online bill viewing.  That is certainly better than it used to be.  FF is built on a different engine to others with others like Chrome mainly using Chromium.  Even Microsoft has said they are dropping their own and going over to that engine.  You will not get PN to state that they have decided not to sort the FF problem out, but they won't deny it either.  I use FF, Opera and occasionally Chrome so I can at least view the bills but I agree it shouldn't be that way.  

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Total_Chaos wrote:

FF is the most updated, advanced, and probably secure web browser

This is probably a matter of opinion Smiley 

You will not get PN to state that they have decided not to sort the FF problem out,

That's because it's not true. I make a habit of trying to not state things that aren't true Wink

but they won't deny it either.

I'll deny it now Smiley We actively design and test our pages to work across a number of different popular browsers. When something doesnt work on any particular popular browser we will look to fix the issue (if it's our fault and not an issue with the browser itself). In the spirit of full disclosure though, if it works well on the majority of browsers, but not on one, it will be a lower priority to fix than if it didn't work at all.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager