Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

Hello @speedf,

To clarify we'll keep you updated via the complaint ticket thread - this will not be closed until we come to an amicable resolution once the initiate issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

Anon
Pro

speedf

Press for a deadlock letter on these complaints and if you don't get one still go to Ombudsman Services and tell them the resolution you want is to leave without penalty and any monies paid upfront returned. I got offered that.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
speedf
Grafter

I wish they would let me leave without penalty.  It would save them a lot more embarrassment as they continue to fail in both the information they're giving me and any kind of idea around potential resolution dates.

Julee
Grafter

Thanks Speedf for your post on Thursday, it brought a smile to my face, you finished your post with another 2 weeks 

Julee
Grafter

I'm sorry about that my internet keeps dropping, but that's another issue. What I was trying to say was your post brought a smile to my face, when you ended with another two weeks and still no sign of change.

This issue with the billing and accounts started at the beginning of September 2018, and it continues just the same. When it first started and for the following 3 months my inbox was full of replies from other customer saying it must be my pdf, what system was I using, I must download abode reader, was I using a laptop or iPad, (what's that got to do with anything), Oh I know don't answer that. What I'm trying to get across is this started with me anyway at the beginning of September  with just a blank page on the bills. The few of us it first happened to were not believed. Even then we were told it would be fixed within a few days. 

It's good that plusnet have been fined for the overcharging, but what about them sorting out the issue with people being able to easily see their bills. There was nothing wrong with the old system, go back to that, I know I probably will get a warning from the moderators for mentioning the 'fine' word, but after 7-8 months I don't care.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There were a number of issues, many fixed by the solutions you mention. And then there are some others still around. It’s many shades of grey and for some very black, but it is far from being all bad. There are benefits in the new system, most notably to change your billing date.

Are you actually being billed but just cannot view the bill?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

The overcharging was not this spate of issues. Hopefully they will get fined again for this last dose that they have dished up.

I just say again that by going to Ombudsman Services I was offered t o leave without penalty and with a refund of line rental paid in advance.

But as my internet is presently free because the 90 days are up and I don't  have a long contract so leaving soon anyway and I wonder what Pnet will do with my outstanding charges, even if only for 90 days, (the mind boggles at what their billing system will do with a cancel) it is a difficult de cision.

speedf
Grafter

Hi @Anon , I have gone to the Ombudsman Services.  Not too hopeful though, as PlusNet are stating that they are still providing a "service".

Interested to hear how you managed to get out, unless you were already out-of-contract?

If they don't let me leave, fee free and with appropriate refunds from my call saver, then I'll just continue to make as much noise as possible!

Anon
Pro

Haven't left...yet...this was an offer made as part of the response of OS they also included £30 compensation.

Pnet said to OS that they wanted to offer an apppolgoy and went on to say

The customer will be back billed for services as this is being provided, and they aware of the monthly commitment to Plusnet and should have the funds available to make the payment once it is requested.

I replied  to OS to say I thought that was not for PNet to decide and an apology was just an insult.

So don' t give up, but do add more info when they have shown you Pnet's response .

speedf
Grafter

@Anon this is what PlusNet said as part of the response to OS:

"Contingencies are in place for the resumption of billing, and the service has otherwise worked as expected."

What a joke! Contingencies in place?  Well, they are not telling the support staff who continue to admit that they have no idea when this will be resolved.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Anon,

So that others might understand better, even sympathise with you, exactly what is your issue?

Does the internet service work?
Are the charges raised correct?
Are you being billed regularly?
Does not being billed inhibit your use of the service? (Not being billed since November is not stopping my use of the service)

Does whatever ever it is which gives rise to your many complaints stop you actually using the service?

Yes billing is not problem free - some people have not received bills when expected, but with proper management of money - anticipated payments set aside and saved - when the billing is sorted they should be able to pay their bills. Plusnet has said that in individual cases of hardship payment plans can be arranged. I believe they have further said they will not apply charges more than 90 days old ... what more is it that you seek? Another pound of flesh and blood on the carpet? Put people who are trying to make things work out out of a job “I hope this bankrupts PlusNET” - that’s really kind of you towards all their employees NOT!

Yes billing is not what it ought to be, but you stressing yourself out is not going to do anything to fix it. I have no idea what’s wrong with the system, but understanding the nature of IT systems, I can well imagine that the issues are deep inside the third party products upon which the billing system has been built. If this is the case, it’s not so much PlusNET doing the fixing as having the third party fix it ... assuming they’ve accepted that the issue is their’s.

Such solution tools are all fine until you get to the edges of what they do. I have too many personal scars arising from using 3rd party products rather than writing home grown code. In the meantime the service provided largely works.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

I hope you have added that to y our comments to OS and I would put something like that this staement is an insult when nothing has been done for many of us stuck in this bind that they have caused and have no answer  t o, excpet to keep appologising.

#Townman....the service largely works,  you said, but billing is about us knowing what is being taken and not stressing out that it has not been taken. Does it se rve any othger purpose, which largely works?

I want t o make sur e that my inconvenience is reflected in compensation and hits Pne t where i thurts..in their pocket and  reputation.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Well that sounds clear enough. Your internet service is working fine, you’ve not yet been billed, you’ve not yet been charged, but you want a few pounds of flesh compensation and someone’s blood on the carpet!

And that is going to enhance your life and wellbeing?  Sweet!

Julee
Grafter

Come on town man admit it your part of the plusnet team, that's just the type of answer you used to post to me in September? What right have you to be so high-handed if you do not work for them. Or maybe working for BT!

speedf
Grafter

@Townman I think you miss the point a little. Yes, service "works", albeit right on the limit of what is acceptable line speeds for my line....

However, there is a lot of stress relating to this situation.  I want to be appropriately billed for services I consume.  To say "set aside" money might work for those that have good money sense.  For others, less so.  I've also had no "formal" communication about no charges older than 90 days, or payment plans, except via information on this forum.  It would be nice, and would set aside fears, if PlusNet issued a proper apology and outline their plans to make right via an official letter or something similar, rather than through their "community forum".

My overall confidence in PlusNet's ability to sort this out is reduced, meaning that I have to keep track of exactly what I should be billed.  I can accept a short outage, but for something that's been going on for months now this is completely unacceptable.   

I also simply cannot believe that PlusNet have no idea when this is going to be fixed! So either they are ignorant of the issue and resolution, or just fobbing off customers.

Finally, for me as an IT professional I've recommended PlusNet to clients.  Failure on their part reflects badly on me, regardless of it being my problem.