Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Total_Chaos
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

Ofcom will not handle complaints directly.  What they do is log the complaints and then if and when they have to call in PN they will say that they have had this number of complaints on a certain subject and what they are doing about it.  You can use one of the ADR schemes, depending on which one PN belong to, but these sort of things tend to be low priority and probably nobody has the interest to resolve.  Ofcom does regulate the industry it is a more hands off approach. However when they do get their teeth into an ISP they do make them pay.

Back in the 90's I had an involvement in FM radio with the then regulator the Radio Authority.  Now they did have teeth, and did contact you at the smallest complaint. However that responsibility was taken over by Ofcom so I assume that industry is also more hands off these days.

Julee
Grafter

I' m giving up for tonight as the electricity and WiFi connection keeps on going down due to high winds. Good night. 

Anon
Pro

@Total_Chaos wrote:

Ofcom will not handle complaints directly.  What they do is log the complaints and then if and when they have to call in PN they will say that they have had this number of complaints on a certain subject and what they are doing about it.  You can use one of the ADR schemes, depending on which one PN belong to, but these sort of things tend to be low priority and probably nobody has the interest to resolve.  Ofcom does regulate the industry it is a more hands off approach. However when they do get their teeth into an ISP they do make them pay.

Back in the 90's I had an involvement in FM radio with the then regulator the Radio Authority.  Now they did have teeth, and did contact you at the smallest complaint. However that responsibility was taken over by Ofcom so I assume that industry is also more hands off these days.

But OFCOM fined Pnet £800,000 in 2017 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Total_Chaos
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Anon As I said when they, (Ofcom) get their teeth into you they make them pay.  I would imagine that on this particular occasion that they logged so many complaints, and possibly from the likes of Which, CAB, etc that they had to investigate.  If they log a few complaints they will not take up, but if a few hundred did then they may take notice. What Ofcom will not do and what I said was that they will not take up individual complaints.  I can understand that as they could get bogged down with them so you need an intermediary to handle that part.  In some industries you have the "Super Complainer" organisations that can take the complaint directly to the regulator.  (One of the problems in the UK, well England and Wales anyway, is that laws are sometimes  passed with nobody to actually implement them or take action against offenders, unless you as an individual or as a local organisation want to take action often through the court system.)

"Talk Talk"  was fined £10m several years ago and I was involved in possible action against them on behalf of one of my daughters.  What they were doing was even though a past customer were not still using their services and had transferred to another ISP unless you wrote to them cancelling the contract they continued billing them and threatened to take them to court. They were also buying up other companies and doing the same with them even if the past customer had left several years before and had not had a following bill until the sale of the company.  On top of that their CS was difficult to get hold off, would yell at you, refused to give their name, (even with PN you get the occasional person who refuses to give their name), put the phone down on you, and on one occasion yelled to me "Your not a solicitor"  to which I retorted "I never claimed to be but I do know a fair bit about the law". 

However "Talk Talk" kept on getting different collection agencies to contact my daughter and at least two different solicitors.  To which my response was that this is not due, the service has not been used, that Talk Talk had admitted, and we are waiting for "Talk Talk" to take to court so that we could submit a counter claim.  Then that would usually go quiet for a while, though on at least one occasion following that the collection agent refused to accept and phoned up with threats.  Anyway a different collection agency would then contact her to which the response was the same, and that would be followed by another collection agency.  About two weeks after the last collection agency she go a letter from "Talk Talk" apologising for the problem as it was an issue with their billing system which of course was rubbish.  This letter coincided with the £10m fine.

Gaz
Dabbler

Just come back to Plusnet a few days ago after being away for 3 years. l years, wish I had looked at the Community pages before re-joining.

Have the same problem re billing system. How can this affect so many new accounts?

I have just read all the pages and have been told every thing that's in them, I have now spent more time on chat and phone in 4 days with Plusnet than all the other ISP`s in the previous 3 years .Thought the best/funniest answer to my question was "because your line is not active yet" even though I was calling on the landline.

I asked could I leave without early termination charges but was told no and my line rental saver would not be returned ( I think this part is incorrect).

My major  concern is now my wife will have to self time her very frequent but usually quick calls to her sister within the 300 international minutes package.  

Have been told it will be resolved in 3-5 working days, am not too hopeful about this assertion. 

Anon
Pro

Insist that they have broken their contract (though you probably have some days grace to cancel) by not providing a billing system that works and insist on leaving without any cost to you...and start being noisey everywhere  to help other poor muts who might also fall prey.

riverwharfe

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

This topic looks dead, but the problem continues.  I reported this same issue 10 days ago, got a nice email reply, then nothing.  Am I being held in a queue?  Is my call important to you? What's happening? Please communicate.

Anon
Pro

I will save them the trouble......we appologise for this inconvenience and we cannot set a date when it will be fixed.

Wonder if the staff posters on here are paid a bonus for everytime they use the word appologise?

Plenty of words and short on action.

Maybe they should employ less front line staff and pay one engineer to work on the problem, it won't go away with apologies and no action.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

speedf
Grafter

So, four months on and still waiting for an accurate bill.  PN have "no idea" when their billing system will be fixed.  Customer Service are generally friendly, but of no practical use in this instance.

Interesting that their Trustpilot rating is now one star (out of five), and Trustpilot says "Plusnet is ranked 94 out of 95 in the category". 

How have things managed to get so bad?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @speedf

I'm sorry to see you've not had a bill in so long.

I can assure you that we're still working on the issues with your account and we'll let you know via email when we've generated your bill. This won't be affecting your services with us. Once this is sorted, if the amount is too big for you to pay in one go, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to discuss a payment plan with you. I'd like to also confirm we'll only charge you for up to 90 days going back from when the invoice generates.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

Found a new answer for Pnet, I hear they have been told to tell the punters it will be fixed by April, but don't tell them which year.

Can someone explain why according to Trustpilot there is one comapny who is WORSE than this shower?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Anon, thanks for your post.

I can categorically state that your assertion is completely incorrect.

At no point have our staff been advised to mislead or lie to our customers, it's not the way we do things here at Plusnet. If our advisor states April for a resolution/refund, it's 2019.

Anon
Pro

ROFLAO Fancy falling for that old joke!

Gaz
Dabbler

Yeah, well as expected NOT corrected within 3-5 working days. Another wasted phone call to COT this morning, they really do not have a customer focused attitude and obviously have a script for these queries on billing issues as its being going on so long. This was after a "chat" were I was told its a software issue and no one can see the billing details.

Being able to see your bill online is NOT part of the contract between myself and Plusnet I was told. Seriously?

Apparently I WILL be able to see my bill tomorrow morning. " at least the length of breath holding will be easier this time"

If I cannot I am away from Plusnet forever and will fight to get any monies due back as long as it takes.

Two things to add.

1. Have compiled this email after emailing OFCOM about long standing Plusnet billing issues for some customers.

2. Have told my daughter, whose contract with another ISP expires next month to not consider joining  Plusnet. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see this Gaz, in all honestly I really don't think it's right that you'll be able to see the bills tomorrow. The reason you can't see them is part of a known issue that we're working on at present as a high priority. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team