Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

@Total_Chaos wrote:

Does anybody else have this issue

Not currently, no.  I did originally have the problem with FF, but that got resolved back in October (IIRC).  The 'Requires Adobe Reader' is misleading, I've not found a .pdf App that doesn't open the bill and I've tried a few over the months in FF, Chrome, Android.

I believe that there is a 'stale session' issue still to be fully resolved that exhibits the symptoms you describe, so try a forced  'Logging off' from the Member portal and try again?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

No change here. Can view bills using either Chrome or Edge BUT still have the blank white space issue with Firefox.

In my case nothing to do with stale sessions (or anything else suggested) - in an idle moment, I have even uninstalled FF and reinstalled but still no go, even before I restored all my bookmarks and settings.

Total_Chaos
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@ I had the stale session last year when my FttC suddenly got dropped early one evening..  Plusnet advised me then that this was due to a stale session that they were aware of and I had  to wait until it timed out as they had no way of resetting. It eventually became available again during the next day. I used to be responsible for networks including servers, switches, radio connections, WAN, servers, SANs, etc.  I can imagine saying that to everybody in the organisation.  Sorry the systems down this morning but will be available tomorrow.  However PN is cheap compared with the likes of Zen so I suppose we should not expect resiliency to the same degree.

I am very security concious so only log into anything only when I need to use and out again 

Total_Chaos
Rising Star

Yes I have the white space issue in FF with PN on the billing page and like you there appears to be no way of resolving that.  You can do everything, clearing caches, disable extensions, re-installing, new profile, etc but you end up with the same issue.  That implies that it is a PN website coding issue.  They have probably tested on Chrome and probably IE and possibly an earlier version of FF. FF is one of those that is updated all the time for security and to comply with the latest W3 etc requirements.  I have seen one or two what some would call issues when it initially blocked access due to security though Chrome would just allow access.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Total_Chaos  The stale session suggestion was a bit of a long shot - I believe it is still on the "To be resolved" list with Plusnet.  Like you I spent many years in senior positions in IT - mainly in Networks and Telecomms - so understand both sides of the problem, but six months is an extremely long time to not have solved most of the backlog of issues evident here in many Community threads!

Having said that, apart from the first few weeks of the new billing system I've been able to retreive and view my bills both on a desktop using FF and on Android using Chrome.  Following the various threads on the topic, I'm not convinced that it is solely a FF issue and there are other as yet unknown factors in play.  Hopefully the Plusnet Dev team will get to the bottom of it soon Embarrassed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro

Allegedly it works if you are a continuing customer @MauriceC  the problems become apparent if you become a new customer or change product , or renew your contract , it is not the browser or any other problem except PN system 

Anon
Pro

My problems started with changing product last year.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
llwynog
Hooked

As a FF user who avoids wherever possible Microsoft or Google - cannot get my bills either - just a nice clean page. As a new user to PN who joined because Which recommended it, I am now wondering if I should have stayed where I was even though W had it down their list.  Getting accounts info was never a problem. Even though my package allows inclusive calls etc, I do like to see who I have called.  This seems to be a long standing problem for some people. I am at least getting an email advising me that a payment is due - better than nothing!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @llwynog

I'm really sorry to hear that you also have been affected by this issue. I have responded further via a support ticket on your account here

smiffy1
Pro

@Satss its ok being sorry , some may be due a explanation why and a fix date

Anon
Pro

To me both here, on the phone  and  tickets, Pnet have  said no idea when it will be fixed

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all. @smiffy1, we're addressing concerns individually with anyone that's been affected. I've checked your account and it doesn't look like you have been but do please let me know if there's any issues that might be affecting you which we're not aware of. 

@Anon, I'm sorry that you've also been affected by this. As we're still working through fixing the issue we're not able to state an exact date for resolution but I will do my best to keep this thread updated with any relevant updates that we can share. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Total_Chaos
Rising Star

I originally reported this last year a little while after the new billing came into play. (Ticket #183924451)  I reported in the follow up that I could see in Chrome but still couldn't in FF and that needed to be addressed.  That was not actioned by PN other than to say that they were area but had no idea when it would be resolved, and the ticket eventually timed out.  It was just as if as long as you can see in one that is all that matters.  The lack of a good response and even a follow up is neither good from a customer service or technical support perspective.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

@adamwalker  

As we're still working through fixing the issue we're not able to state an exact date for resolution but I will do my best to keep this thread updated with any relevant updates that we can share. 

How can this problem still be ongoing? I really hope that senior management are looking at this whole fiasco and asking themselves serious questions about why this was allowed to happen.

At what point does OFCOM get involved?

Anon
Pro

@SteveA wrote:

@adamwalker  

As we're still working through fixing the issue we're not able to state an exact date for resolution but I will do my best to keep this thread updated with any relevant updates that we can share. 

How can this problem still be ongoing? I really hope that senior management are looking at this whole fiasco and asking themselves serious questions about why this was allowed to happen.

At what point does OFCOM get involved?

you have been with Pnet as long as I have and you know that they are capable of getting anything wrong, trying to cover it up and generally BS the customer.

OFCOM have been informed by several of us and I guess that some of the problem Pnet are having is that they dare not send out any more wrong bills out of fear of OFCOM, which is why they have blocked sending any out that they are not certain about.