Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

dannygog1
Dabbler

Cannot view bill in new billing system

I know others have reported on this.

I went to look up my latest bill after receiving an email re my next bill is now payable.

Nothing appeared on billing screen so eventually had online chat and was informed my account was frozen due to invoicing problems. Would be sorted and I will be mailed when all is ok.

That was the middle of the week and still I cannot view my bills.

How long does it take to sort this problem out?

Well I'm blowed. Looking at other complaints I found that reports blame Firefox for this problem, nothing to do with account frozen, so I opened Edge and logged in and hey presto, up came my bill!!!

Makes one ask, who is the idiot, me or the advisor at Plusnet giving me false information!

14 REPLIES 14
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Hi @dannygog1

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry if you have been experiencing issues viewing your invoices.

I have reviewed your account and have responded via a ticket here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

jennyandmike

I'm having the same problem. Have been going round in circles for more than  half an hour. You say you opened Edge. What is that?

dannygog1
Dabbler

Hi.

I was using Firefox as a browser when the problem started.

After research I saw a lot of people having the same problem had opened a different web browser and that seemed to work.

Edge is the browser in Windows 10, took the place of Internet Explorer.

Tried it and it worked for me. Doesn't excuse the failure of PlusNet to sort the problem but it might be a stopgap.

Worth a try.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jennyandmike 

Did using a different browser help you at all? 

Thanks, 

MoR

dannygog1
Dabbler

Yes, using Edge allowed me to see my bills where Firefox would not.

dannygog1
Dabbler

Further to my last I have just tried to use Firefox again to view my bills. Still the same, will not display.

Edge does although it takes a few seconds to load.

dannygog1
Dabbler

Again a further update. Firefox just released a new version which I installed a minute ago and tried PlusNet billing again.

This time it would not display bills but came up with Network Protocol error, please contact web page provider. No idea what it means but it seems to point to a clash between Firefox and PlusNet.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dannygog1,

Thank you for providing us this information. As the alternative web browser, Edge, seems to be working as intended for you, I would recommend to use this when trying to access your bills.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
merlin
Dabbler

I have had this problem with PN bills ever since the new system came in. Yes can login to see them with MS Edge, sometimes with Chrome but not always. Finally after a successful viewing with edge and few retries will allow bills to be seen in Chrome then sometimes in Firefox which is my default browser. FF Ver65.01 64bit on W10 ver 1809 Not really impressed with PN's lack of progress on solving this for one of the major browsers in use worldwide.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Merlin,

Thanks for sharing that info with us.

I'm glad that MS edge is working for you. Rest assured the accessibility of using other web browsers is something that is been explored and we hope to have it sorted soon. For now, I would suggest using the browsers you have found work for you as a temporary solution.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

merlin
Dabbler

Well 5 months on and still the problem of viewing bills remains! White screen of death syndrome
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Merlin

I am so sorry that this issue is still ongoing on your account. I assure you this is actively being investigated by our Incident Management Team and we will be sure to inform you as soon as a resolution is put in place.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused in this time and if you need further assistance please let us know.

merlin
Dabbler

I am still having the same problem, just a white screen when attempting to view bills in Firefox 68.01. Now another issue has come up: latest bill should have been on 25 July but it's not there last one is 25 June and I have to use Chrome to get to that. Come on PN why can't you get this billing right. I have no problem with other online billing systems and so many other customers are experiencing these issues. I must go to the Which Forums to see what is said there. Screen shot of bills drop down attached.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

We’re aware that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we’re working hard to fix these legacy issues. We want to reassure those affected that may not have received a bill from us recently, we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track. We’re sorry that this isn’t the service customers have come to expect from us and give our assurance this will be sorted as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet