Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

I'm running Firefox (latest edition) on Windows with no problems at all viewing stuff in the billing section. I would say though, it is a bit slow to load (get a white screen initially) then about 10-15 seconds later, up it all pops.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Anon
Pro

Some people have reported FF working, but if it were that simple Pnet would have owned up to it. Also how are you explaining that I and other have not been billed for payments for months. Is that a Java issue?

Get real, this is just the usual incompetent, hiding the truth Pnet.

You're assuming that Chrome and Edge are compliant with the javascript specification and that its not that the developer has managed to get code that works on some browsers but not others. From experience at work where we have google provided code that works with Chrome and Firefox but doesn't work at all under IE11 and causes Edge to go into an endless "loading" state I'm more tempted to go with the developer getting it working but not checking FF. 

Assuming that it is a javascript issue and not something else

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@corringham

Thanks indeed, I had not considered the angle on the issue being in fudge code to cover browser known defects.

@Anonymous

If your thoughts have substance - that the back end needs to do different things for different user clients to assemble the content - one can imagine that this code (indeed the code of many web based applications?) must be something of a rat's nest.  It all rather makes a mockery of the light weight user interface browser architecture, within which all browsers should behave the same given the same payload.

May be one can forgive old browsers (IE) for not working well with new functionality, but the stuff thought to be the bee's knees and on the leading edge of technology ought to be more reliable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Anon

As already noted, there are multiple issues being discussed in this topic.  The BACKEND issues such as yours are not likely to be related to the inability to display some content using one browser but not another as some users have reported.

Your issue is likely to be related to billing workflow.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I am running Windows 7 and can view the my bills etc using either Chrome and Firefox, albeit with some delays (measured in seconds) in the pages fully rendering with either browser. The browsers are both up to date. Therefore, it would appear that it is not something as simple as one browser working and another not working. There are, of course, many other possible influences in customers' environments (other programs on laptops etc., or even hardware issues) that could affect things but I still suspect that not all is as it should be at Plusnet's end given the various other problems that have arisen with the new billing system.

Anon
Pro

The heading that I have for this topic is "Billing system gone to pot?"

That is what I have replied to because the billing system has gone to pot, to try and nitpick bits of it is nuts, unless you are the coder working on it at Pnet, and clearly Pnet don't know what is wrong with the WHOLE system nor do they know where to start to fix it.

I think that they believe if they wait long enough it or us will just go away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Townman wrote:
If your thoughts have substance - that the back end needs to do different things for different user clients to assemble the content - one can imagine that this code (indeed the code of many web based applications?) must be something of a rat's nest. 

I'm assuming @Townman that your reference to "user clients" actually means browsers, if it does then no I don't mean that. I mean User Accounts. My account will be different to yours, because of your contract type, date, recommendations etc. It is evident to me that if a user like @idonno waits some 10 >15 seconds to see their details then the processes that got that data took that time (or as near as damn it) to get the information. So due to flaws in that server side code some users don't see their data.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

It WAS working fine for me on my Mac too, with Firefox, apart from at the very start which was something to do with automatic log-in which I've disabled and stale sessions, but just checking, my bills aren't loading now either.
Firefox is version 65 and up to date, as is my Mac OS.

Quitting Firefox and then relaunching seems to have done the trick but the bill page loaded a lot slower than it had done previously.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mad_Moggies wrote:

Firefox is version 25 and up to date, as is my Mac OS.

I assume that the above is a typo @Mad_Moggies?

FireFox About

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Oh yes! I was typing it quickly. Will edit.

Thanks @Anonymous!

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

One thing I have noticed with the new billing system (when it works!) is the length of time it takes for Plusnet’s end of it to actually generate the bill.

The first thing that seems to happen on billing day is that the next bill date on the opening page of the Members Centre changes to the following month; then, at around the same time or possibly earlier (?), the referral credits reduce to zero (at least mine does as it is only a modest amount that can be deducted from each month’s bill) in the Manage Account > See your current referrals page. Unbilled calls also disappear at around the same time. It is only some time later – quite a few hours later - that the bill is generated and able to be seen with Plusnet’s notifying email also being sent.

Looking at the closed tickets on my account, I can see that the usage is reset very early on the appointed billing date but the other closed tickets regarding the bill and direct debit payment only arrive much later once the system has churned through the billing process.

I wonder how many iterations of the database are required to complete this process. I do not recall that the old system seemed so cumbersome.

Anon
Pro

What's this generate a bill and not ification. Hope they carry on for whole year the way they have started no not ification, no bills and no Direct Debits. Wonder full system they have. Now if they do that the whole of my contract I really will believe "we do you proud" ROFLAO

mleo5880
Dabbler

Their billing system is unfit for purpose. My account has been frozen for over 6 months. I have plently of evidence from Plusnet that it's their system that is freezing my account, they have admitted this to me, so def nothing to do with browsers in my case.

Whilst last year I was happy with a temporary resolution from them, now their complaints team is refusing to deal with me.

If I cannot reach an agreement I will start to build a case against them.

Anon
Pro

Still no change no DD taken since before Christmas. Fortunately, or was that deliberately, billing does not have a service announcements section.

Perhaps they tried to create one and it didn't work.

Dread to think what will happen after the email changes notified recently.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Anon sorry to hear about this. I've reviewed your account and update you on this issue here

Please get back in touch if you have any questions.