Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

I'm being charged correctly but haven't been able to view the bill in Firefox for a very long time! I have to use either Edge or Chrome to view.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

If it works in Edge and Chrome ... but not in Firefox ... that suggests that it’s Firefox which is broken. They seem to be forever patching it to fix one issue or another!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

Does a Firefox problem mean that they can't take my Direct Debits. None this year. Gee they have admitted, under pressure, that they have a long running issue, including billing people who have left. It's a good job they are not an internet supplier, or you would have thought that they might undertsand computers or perhaps they just don't have a business model (unless it includes not collecting their rents).

They are just USELESS and a WASTE OF SPACE.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There might well be other issues, but these recent posts are discussing accessibility issues varying by chosen browser. Given that the user interface works with two out of three mentioned browsers one has to at least consider the possibility that the third browser is broken.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anthorn

Now working in Safari on MacBook Air most of the time. I occasionally get "Loading Token" and the page either hangs or takes a while to load. The "Loading Token" message may or may not be specific to Safari on MacBook but I haven't seen it before on any other website.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, 

@Anon, it goes without saying that we know this issue must be a big inconvenience, unfortunately as with any kind of technology things can and will sometimes go wrong but we're working hard to get it fixed. 

@Anthorn, thanks a lot for the update. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dave999

Sadly, I have to join the many who have been unable to view anything in the billing section.

Yes, I am using Firefox, latest version downloaded today. Still not working for me. I have tried all the possible solutions posted, but without any luck. I have tried Edge, and yes it always works fine without any problems. Perhaps I should be writing this to Firefox? I do hope that you acheive some success with trying to sort this problem out.

Dave999

Anon
Pro

@adamwalker wrote:

Hi all, 

@Anon, it goes without saying that we know this issue must be a big inconvenience, unfortunately as with any kind of technology things can and will sometimes go wrong but we're working hard to get it fixed. 

This thread was started over 5 months ago.

Consistently for most of it Pnet have denied any problem. And not telling the truth means people are....

There has been no notice in the service areas and little staff input on this thread. If you had been more honest at the start you might be getting different responses from the people who pay for the system and your wages. Some of the stories on here have made me very sad and very mad.

It could have been quicker to have dismantled Pnet and started again than this.

Does working hard mean that you have hired in outside labour at minimum wage per hour working only on a Friday when there are 5 Fridays in the month and buying the cheapest components from Sheffield market? (maybe that is what is meant by "this kind of technology"). Because it feels like it.

But don't  forget they will still do you

proud.

Wonder what the Adcertising Standards Authority would make of that statement with the harrowing stories on here about being hasled and harried for money the op does not owe, not even an account with them anymore?

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
krusty
Rising Star

Or more likely its an issue with PN's javascript code.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

What are you suggesting here?

That the same piece of javascript code which works fine in two browsers but not a third … is the fault of the code … not the execution engine? Really?

If the javascript is written to specification and the execution engines are complaint with the specification, the same piece of code should run everywhere consistently.  Clearly from the reports received here … Firefox is out of step with the rest of the world!

Or are you seeking to suggest that the whole of the world is out of step with Firefox?

Mackem1973
Grafter

The whole palaver has become a joke now they know im sure the problem is  down to them but they cant come up with a fix so blame everyone else

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There is a variety of issues, some of which are clearly the back end billing and common across all interfaces.  However when the same user interface code works in some user's end environments and not in others, then one HAS to consider that there could be an issue with the user environment (their choice of browser).

If the reports made here by users that X works with Chrome and Safari but not with Firefox are to be taken at face value, then one has to consider the possibility that Firefox is the component which might be broken.

In such cases, it is not as might be implied by your comment a simple case of fixing their code, it becomes a matter of identifying and understanding the defect in Firefox and working out how, if at all possible, that defect might be mitigated without damaging the perfect functionality in the environments which function correctly.  This is not "blaming everyone else" it is facing up to the empirical evidence - which might be unpleasant for some.  Firefox is not the panacea many believe it to be - if it were so perfect, there would not be the swarm of new releases seen so frequently.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Townman wrote:

If the javascript is written to specification and the execution engines are complaint with the specification, the same piece of code should run everywhere consistently.  Clearly from the reports received here … Firefox is out of step with the rest of the world!

Or are you seeking to suggest that the whole of the world is out of step with Firefox?

You're assuming that Chrome and Edge are compliant with the javascript specification and that its not that the developer has managed to get code that works on some browsers but not others. From experience at work where we have google provided code that works with Chrome and Firefox but doesn't work at all under IE11 and causes Edge to go into an endless "loading" state I'm more tempted to go with the developer getting it working but not checking FF. 

Assuming that it is a javascript issue and not something else

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Townman, you are assuming that every browser receives the same javascript (& stylesheets etc). It is common for different code to be delivered to different clients due to different capabilities and known bugs etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running FireFox on iMac and this site old an new as always worked for me, so I don’t think the JavaScript to blame for these issues. For me the prime suspects are the Plusnet processes and services that acquires the content to be displayed.