Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

@Anon I'll say this again - the Plusnet billing system, while IMO not exactly a polished application, DOES work in Firefox - well at least for me.

I am using (as of this morning, following an update) 64.0 (64bit) on a W7 Home Premium system, and just before posting this, checked my latest bill.

As has been said elsewhere, there could be myriad configurations of FF as it is so customisable, and maybe some of these break something that has been designed to accommodate as many as possible - it is impossible to cover every config.

As to your comment 'Perhaps Pnet adapted it just to work with obscure FF update, so they could enjoy the punters stuck in contracts tearing themselves to pieces and spending hours on their PC trying to sort it out. Did this start on April 1st?' , that is an April 1st joke itself - I can't remember how many FF releases there have been since the new billing system, but mine have all been applied automatically and apart from the initial niggles over the first couple of weeks, everything has worked for me

If Plusnet had done as you claim above, my system would have failed as soon as that 'obscure FF update' had been replaced, and it hasn't!

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@corringham

The reference to line type might have a bearing here. It would be interesting to know if those reporting issues are all ADSL.

There are large payloads of ought to be fairly static cached content - I raised this concern a few weeks back. I’ve noted that there is a shed load of third party stuff being loaded as well. I think there’s a ‘rich’ technology stack facilitating this stuff - it would not surprise me if a number of the issues being seen are down to third party technology providers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

No @Anon, as you can see from beneath my posts, I always have the latest version of Firefox, which was last updated automatically this morning to version 64, so long after the viewing bills problem had been solved for me by disabling auto log-in, and I can still access my bills successfully. I use a Mac but some of the Windows users on here, like @jab1 are also able to view their bills on FF.
For what it's worth, I have FF Preferences for PDFs set to Preview in Firefox but there are so many other settings that I may just happen to have set to what suits how the PN billing pages are written.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@Townman I'm no longer having problems and am on a fast Fibre connection, usually around 70Mbps (we're approx 1km from the exchange in a small country town).

Anon
Pro

My suggestion was based on the following

1. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for people being able to access billing

2. Pnet have not put out a service announcement about this and have therefore nottaken responsibility for it.

3. Pnet staff have been significantly abscent from this thread despite it almost being like a virus that has spread thorugh Pnet punters.

4. Staff on here have offered confusing messages as to if it is being worked on or not and if it really has anything to do with them

5. It feels worse than Brexit.

That leads me to conclude that you should either all bail out because bankrupcy and crash and burn is imminent for them OR it was a big April Fool joke that has got out of hand and Pnet is sitting with digit in a dark place hoping that people might get bored with it.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I was hoping that this morning's update of my Firefox to version 64.0 would enable me to view Plusnet bills.

Sadly not Sad Thankfully Edge still does.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I must be on the lucky team. Cheesy

After the first week of new billing and doing the magic dance of clearing the cache and removing Plusnet cookies, followed by a forced session logout on both of my accounts I've been able to view my bills consistenly using FF 64 bit (latest versions).  Smiley  OK also in Chrome on Desktop and Android.

Desktop using FF often suffers the 20 - 30 second delay before the bill appears, but less frequently using Chrome on Android.

Still find the navigation to the current bill a bit 'clunky' for a modern UI, but it works.  Tidying the UI is much lower importance than making the Bill viewing experience better for all users whichever browser is used.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

So got my email telling me my new bill was ready.

Logged in (no saved session).

Get to the bills page and it doesn't work.

FireFox webconsole shows.

Screenshot_2018-12-15_17-35-38.png

Then when you click on the amount text which should load the bill.

Screenshot_2018-12-15_17-35-53.png

Running FF64.0 64bit on Linux

Works OK on Chrome but it's really clunky and slow.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@SteveA, that's interesting.
I decided to have a look at mine to compare, as I'm having no problems viewing the bills now I have auto log-in switched off.
Mine says the same except there are messages in between the orange alerts and the red alert:
"JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.0.0 jquery-migrate-3.0.0.min.js:2:440
[Kaspersky Security DEBUG in KLBrowserContentObject]: KLContentObject.settings.webAVEnabled_option = true helper.js:102:49
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.0.0 jquery-migrate-3.0.0.min.js:2:440
[Kaspersky Security DEBUG in KLBrowserContentObject]: KLContentObject.settings.webAVEnabled_option = true helper.js:102:49
[Kaspersky Security DEBUG in KLBrowserContentObject]: top window does not match helper.js:102:49"

Also more messages further down.
Does that shed any light for you?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Mad_Moggies, interesting - it looks like someone is trying to debug the system by enabling the debugging features. Lets hope they have some success...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you'll find that the references to Kaspersky are from the Users' own system and not related to any debugging on the remote system, but simply part of the Users' AV system.

anniesboy
Rising Star

I use Firefox I cant access bills unless log out and then log in ,then it works.

Works no problem with Edge or Chrome.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@Anonymous yes, they would be from my system but I wondered if what they said might help throw a light on things, especially as I no longer have a problem viewing my bills in Firefox.
BTW I have Kaspersky Internet Security, which checks that web pages are safe and secure etc, as well as all the AV stuff. I wondered if the 'Migrate' bit might be something it had discovered about the PN page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mad_Moggies, it may well as jQuery v3 may have fixes that allow you to view the bill, but to be honest I’m not 100% convinced as I use OSX (Mojave 10.14.2) and Firefox (64.0) without issue. If you re-enable auto login* are you still able to view the bills or does the issue return?

You may need to re-enable it and make more than one request having closed and re-opened your browser, just to be sure.

* Can you explain what you mean here please.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@Anonymous auto log-in means you don't have to log in each time you visit the Member Centre.
It can be activated here https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=autologin
and you can read about it here https://www.plus.net/help/archive/other/setup-auto-login-for-this-website/

I've set it up again but will have to wait till a little while before I try to access my account again.

I only had problems when I got my first bill after the changes and ditched auto log-in as suggested by someone on this forum who had found that worked.