Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

@davidj66 wrote:

@Mads -as I and others have said repeatedly on this thread - the bills are NOT visible when using Firefox -the page just hangs - they haven't been for months. I have to use either Edge or Chrome to view my bill !!

@davidj66 They ARE visible in Firefox - that is my default browser, and apart from a couple of weeks after the initial roll-out I have no problem. Yes, they are very slow to load, but load they do.

John
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I too have had no problem viewing bills in Firefox apart from the first week or so, just as @jab1 has replied.

I no longer have automatic log-in selected as that seemed to be one thing that messed up viewing them. It means I have to log in to my account every time but that's no real problem!

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@jab1 wrote:

@davidj66 They ARE visible in Firefox - that is my default browser, and apart from a couple of weeks after the initial roll-out I have no problem. Yes, they are very slow to load, but load they do.

I have tried again to open my bills in Firefox and nothing has changed yet as the page still refuses to open.

I can't leave it more than about 8 hours to load as I shut my computer down at night Wink

I hope a fix can be found but I use MS Edge to view my bills.

I'm glad that Firefox works for you @jab1 but it most certainly doesn't work for all.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

@Strat I wonder why? I know you will be on the latest FF build (32 or 64bit?), so that is not the problem.

How far into the process do you get until you hit the brick wall?

John
Strat
Community Veteran

@jab1 I log into the Members Centre, click 'Billing' and that's it, a nice white expanse of nothing.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Agree with @Strat; left it open in FF this morning for ~ 60 minutes -and all I had was a blank white page below the Billing headings. Tried in Chrome and it opens in a few seconds. I'm running FF 63.0.3 (64 BIT)

jab1
Legend

In that case, I blame Windows 10.Smiley

Seriously, though, I wonder if it only affects W10 users? It would be interesting to know the OS of affected customers.

(Sorry, never read sigs, so I didn't spot the info was already there.Embarrassed )

John
Strat
Community Veteran

Chrome and Edge works for me acceptably.

jab1
Legend

That leads me to blame W10 -again.

John
Anon
Pro

Did not work on Windows Vista. That blows that theory out of the window. I blame Pnet.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
jab1
Legend

@Anon Well, it does on Windows 7, so I don't think you are quite right,

I will be visiting someone using XP and the last FF version they are able (54 I think) in a couple of weeks, so I'll try on there.

John
infidelus
Rising Star

It's not a Windows problem, 10 or otherwise.  I run Linux and see the exact same thing.  The problem seems more related to the cookies [-Censored-] sets as, if you log out of your [-Censored-] account and back in, it seems to work.

As someone else said earlier, they don't have autologin set anymore and it seems to work fine.

And apparently calling Plusnet Minus Net counts as swearing ....

jab1
Legend

Thanks for that, @infidelus - I appreciate that my strong dislike of W10 probably clouds my judgement, but as I have never had autologin enabled, so obviously never saw that problem.

John
Anon
Pro

If you had read the op had blamed W10 and I commented that it had not worked with Vista, saying that blew that theory out of the water. So tell me what was not quite right.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@infidelus I'm using MacOSX Mojave with FF 63.0.3 and don't even have to log out for it to work fine next time I log in. Occasionally it hangs for a short while (8 seconds the last time) but it's mostly much quicker.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both