Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

I think there should be an option for users to specify that bills should be sent by e-mail, and they should specify the e-mail address. That puts the onus on the user to satisfy themselves that the e-mail is correct and that they are happy with the security implications. 

Alternatively, there should be a way to bulk download bills - I downloaded a year's worth from a Plusnet account that was about to be closed, and it took me an hour - ludicrously slow and a waste of my time!

Anon
Pro

There is no requirement in law to provide a receipt for any payment (although it is common to do so)

But there is a legal requirement to enable a customer to see what is being charged if that is a variable amount and some bills will be.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

But there is a legal requirement to enable a customer to see what is being charged if that is a variable amount

That's not a legal requirement. However, businesses using direct debits should give customers 10 days notice of the amount to be debited. If they don't they can face sanctions, and the customer can reverse the payment under the direct debit guarantee scheme.

And if the business is an ISP, Ofcom may have something to say too.

Anon
Pro

It is NOT a legal requirement to give 10 days notice on DD and Pnet never have done. Note the word normally.

If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request

* If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change Plusnet plc. will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

This also from Pnet suggests to me that they are breaking their contract when they say

5.4. You may see your bills within your online account and we'll email you when a new bill is available to view. You must pay the bill as soon as you receive the email that your bill is available.

When infact they are not available to view.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Well, at long last my PN bills are appearing on time and are correct. The new account interface looks brighter and trendier but it's clunky and erratic and its sales pitches are annoying. I wish they had kept the old system and saved their customers and their call centre staff from a great deal of grief.

It's all the more regrettable because otherwise I continue to be very pleased with my PN package and its performance.

alosend
Dabbler

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

I don't think Plusnet should be claiming 'We'll Do You Proud' anymore.   I had great troubles viewing my bill last month and, I'm not sure but I think September as well. This month when I click the tab 'View My Bills' I just get blank.  I am repeatedly told via 'Chat' that there is a problem and it is being worked on.  It has now taken not hours or days but several weeks and there is still an issue with the billing system.  

Come on Plusnet, you are not the ISP you once were and I have always been very happy with you until now.

Anon
Pro

Surely you ensure you get your billing right, but not pnet. there is a rumour they are going to shorten that phrase and lose the last word.

buddyg

My new bill was due on 22nd, I got the e-mail to tell me. Still can' access it as I haven't been able to access the previous two. The still outstanding question that I raised has a new internal posting:

"

MT-2590
Stuck account change.
Account affected by API error in SCAAP stoppping messages from hitting the billing engine RBM from Workplace
There is no known fix at this time. Account added to monitoring pool so the fix can be implemented once developed. Account added to monitoring sheet for audit purposes.

"

Still awaiting a call back after questioning how they will sort this?? Continues to be appalling.

Does anybody know if their billing system is based on SAP?? If so it explains a lot as Farnell/CPC & RS seem also to have made a pig's ear of things with their systems. Actually Rachael, a very helpful lady, has just got back, unable to define or solve the problem but did contact the team investigating the problem and has offered some compensation and  e-mailed a pdf copy of the last bill.

CrystalJayme
Grafter

I wish they compensated me too as I cannot access my bills due to the same problem. This is not acceptable especially when I receive emails from plusnet telling me that my bill is ready and then tells me to click the link to see my bill. I can't access my bills plusnet so what are you gonna do? Why not just send the bills via email and password the attachments then send code via sms. How am I suppose to read my bills when they won't do sod all to help me?
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @CrystalJayme,

I am sorry to hear you are having these issues with viewing your bills. You should be able to view these online as there are no api issues live on the account, do let us know if you need further assistance with this.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Mads -as I and others have said repeatedly on this thread - the bills are NOT visible when using Firefox -the page just hangs - they haven't been for months. I have to use either Edge or Chrome to view my bill !!

Anon
Pro

Spot on

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @all, I'm sorry you are unhappy with using alternative browsers to view your bills - understandable. We are working on a fix for this currently and will keep everyone updated once rolled out.

Mackem1973
Grafter

They not visible using crome either they have known about this not for weeks but MONTHS now yet no fix i cant for one second believe they are even attempting to fix this not after such a long time Sad

Mackem1973
Grafter

You have been working on a fix for several months now im sure it cone be so broken it takes such a long time to fix