Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

corringham
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

I think there should be an option for users to specify that bills should be sent by e-mail, and they should specify the e-mail address. That puts the onus on the user to satisfy themselves that the e-mail is correct and that they are happy with the security implications. 

Alternatively, there should be a way to bulk download bills - I downloaded a year's worth from a Plusnet account that was about to be closed, and it took me an hour - ludicrously slow and a waste of my time!

Anon
Pro

There is no requirement in law to provide a receipt for any payment (although it is common to do so)

But there is a legal requirement to enable a customer to see what is being charged if that is a variable amount and some bills will be.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
corringham
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

But there is a legal requirement to enable a customer to see what is being charged if that is a variable amount

That's not a legal requirement. However, businesses using direct debits should give customers 10 days notice of the amount to be debited. If they don't they can face sanctions, and the customer can reverse the payment under the direct debit guarantee scheme.

And if the business is an ISP, Ofcom may have something to say too.

Highlighted
Anon
Pro

It is NOT a legal requirement to give 10 days notice on DD and Pnet never have done. Note the word normally.

If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request

* If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change Plusnet plc. will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

This also from Pnet suggests to me that they are breaking their contract when they say

5.4. You may see your bills within your online account and we'll email you when a new bill is available to view. You must pay the bill as soon as you receive the email that your bill is available.

When infact they are not available to view.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.