Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

@gambo123

All the authorisations needed have now completed. The outstanding balance is cleared off too this should resolve the issue but I want to keep an eye on your account to make sure it does all update correctly (I think this is what has caused the situation we're in now). I'm not in tomorrow but I'll make sure to check everything on Wednesday just to make sure we'll all good. I'll keep a note of your account and check on your next billing date too just so we can make sure a similar situation doesn't occur. 

Richchad
Rising Star

So we have a new logging in page now, but... still not able to read billing in Firefox, just a blank page, at one point a while ago I was able to get it to open after clearing cookies, but not anymore.

I can manage to view it in Edge and IExplorer but not Firefox.

Has anyone found the reason why it won't open in Firefox?

Do PN even recognise that there is a problem with viewing it in Firefox?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Richchad I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but you CAN read bills in Firefox. FF is my default browser at home, my mothers default browser and my sisters 'alternative' - I never have a problem at home, at my mums', or my sisters, and these are all different setups - mine is W7 Home, mums is W10 Home, my sisters W8 (the first two are 64bit, the last 32bit, but that is irrelevant)

John
Richchad
Rising Star

@jab1 I used to be able to view in FF after clearing cookies, but now nothing seems to allow me to view in FF which is my default browser.

I wonder what else could be stopping it opening in FF?

jab1
Legend

@Richchad I've no idea, but it isn't stopping me.

John
Anon
Pro

It is absolutely beyond belief that a 'better' system has been introduced and STILL people are complaining about it and STILL there is no service announcement and STILL there is little posting about it from staff. Couldn't be from a provider "who does you proud". ROFLAO NO, they would be profusely apologising and trying to reassure customers they are doing their best blah blah blah.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I've no problems opening my bill in Firefox in the newly designed pages either.

After the initial hiccups when I couldn't open my September bill (eventually found I could by logging out and logging in again), I've had no more problems with it.

That's currently FF 63.0.1 on a Mac running MacOS Mojave version 10.14.1.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Richchad
Rising Star

Okay so it is good to know that some of you can view it in FF.

I am using latest FF 63.0.1 in Windows 10. Clearing cookies, logging off and on does nothing.

So looks like I will have to try various things to see if I can get it working.

It is still a bit annoying that I could see it before the billing update and now I have to spend time trying to sort it.

buddyg

I don't think the problem is anything to do with a specific browser. I don't use FF but I still cant access bills in Edge, Explorer or Chrome. This has been going on for some 6 weeks or so now, the only way I was able to see my last two bills was to get PlusNet to e-mail the pdfs.

My next bill is due 21st November, if I can't access it properly by then I will consider PlusNet to not be fulfilling their contract and will move elsewhere. 

Richchad
Rising Star

Okay had a play around and found if I pause my Kaspersky Total Security I can view billing in FF.

So now trying to find what in Kaspersky would block the billing page,

Have been into settings and turn off each of the following in turn..

File Anti Virus, Web Anti Virus, Application Control, Firewall, Anti Banner, Network Attack Blocker, System Watcher, Application Manager

None of these made any difference, still would not let me view billing page.

I noticed that even though I unpaused Kaspersky I could continue to view billing page even after reloading the page.

So as I haven't changed any settings on my internet security program, there is something in the new billing page that my Kaspersky Total Security doesn't like.

Anyone any thoughts on what in Kaspersky could be blocking the billing page?

jab1
Legend

Anything of help in the Kaspersky logs? There should be somewhere in there some guide as to what it has been blocking.

John
Anon
Pro

My next bill is due 21st November, if I can't access it properly by then I will consider PlusNet to not be fulfilling their contract and will move elsewhere

I was wondering about the legal position on this too.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I've got Kaspersky Internet Security but can see my bill OK.
There was something in it that I switched off years ago because it was blocking things it shouldn't. I will look!

Have looked. In Kaspersky Preferences, I have "Check secure connections (HTTPS) for Safe Money ..... etc" unticked as it blocks banking sites, one of them the bank that used to provide Kaspersky free to its customers till last year! I just ticked it and went to a couple of log-in pages and it wouldn't let me see them. Unticked it and I can see them fine.

Hope this helps.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Richchad
Rising Star

@jab1 Nothing showing in logs unfortunately.

@Mad_Moggies Thanks for the info, can't seem to find Preferences in Kaspersky Total Security, must be slightly different to Kaspersky Internet Security, will look into it further tomorrow.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Richchad When you tried turning off Kaspersky settings one by one did you turn each one on again before trying the next? It's possible more than one could be blocking the page in which case turning all of them off, then turning them on one by one might identify the problem ones.

David