Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

You did say 'if', but I read your post to suggest that was the problem - I misinterpreted it - sorry.

I agree though that it was a buggy update, and one that should have, possibly undergone some 'live' testing prior to being released - although that can be a bit of a problem, it is not impossible - I know when my employers were  updating our internal systems (a lot more regularly than PN do Smiley), they were tested to destruction prior to release. Mind you, when you are manufacturing materials for the aerospace and nuclear power market, it is a little more mission critical than an ISPs billing system.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Regardless of the industry, there are in fact few things that are more "mission critical" than the billing system. No matter how good your product, unless you can bill customers correctly you have a problem.

Anon
Pro

Spot on, for me the straw that broke the camels back. Had enough.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
jab1
Legend

@corringham wrote:

Regardless of the industry, there are in fact few things that are more "mission critical" than the billing system. No matter how good your product, unless you can bill customers correctly you have a problem.

With respect, while I understand exactly what you mean, it is rather more critical that the correct materials in the correct condition are used to build, for instance, a jet engine, than you get billed/paid on time, Not getting your finances doesn't result in an aircraft falling out of the sky, killing 300 people, although I accept what you are saying.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion

I also agree entirely with you, but from the perspective of a business their mission is to make profits. Lots of companies survive making products that kill people (business tends to be amoral), but few survive not receiving revenue. Of course if products are so bad that nobody buys them the business is doomed anyway. Customers (and the general public) may have a different view of what is critical.

Anon
Pro

If one chooses cheap that is usually what one gets. You cannot cut corners and deliver the best product. Question is how many corners can one cut before the product becomes both cheap and nasty. I think Pnet have got to that stage AGAIN.

jab1
Legend

I wasn't going to reply and drag this thread further away from its' main theme, but, @Anon, all I can say to you is: despite doing nothing but complain, you are still here, after a minimum of 11 years. If you are that dissatisfied, why? - there are other ISPs.

John
Anon
Pro

Black Friday and see the deals will change my ISP. 11 years is only this session. I saw them through an earlier stint when they started great, went to bad and then awful and I left. Came back those years ago because they were great again, they have steadily gone to bad and now to awful, so I will repeat the pattern and leave......but in my time, not yours or theirs.

I compliment them when they have done something well, but still looking for that today.

Sorry if a few hometruths about your chosen provider are painful.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I've been with Plusnet since Be were bought by Sky some years ago, at three properties, and I still have Plusnet at two properties. Overall they have been OK, unless there is a problem.  However, in the past year or so they have been positioned as the low cost marque within the BT owned range, and I think that is beginning to show. You tend to get what you pay for, and with not paying a lot, well..

Having just moved one account to a Business account I think this will almost certainly be my last year with Plusnet. If I have to have a Business account in order to work from home I'd probably be better off with a business oriented ISP. Plusnet is feeling increasingly amateurish to me, despite the valiant attempts by many of the support staff. The billing fiasco is a prime example.

Also ADSL simply just isn't good enough any more, and with Plusnet that is my only choice. At present I load-balance ADSL with 4G, and now I have a fixed IP through 4G I don't really benefit from the ADSL (apart from it being unlimited while the 4G has a monthly limit).

Pentris
Dabbler

I originally posted a comment several weeks ago and nothing has changed. I use Windows 8.1 with Firefox 64bit and none of the buttons on the billing page will work. I have had enough after 9 years with Plusnet and am moving ISP. It is not just the fact that there has been a bill viewing problem for many weeks but that there is no sign of moves to solve the issue. I am not moving to an inferior browser just the satisfy a badly constructed billing update. Goodbye Plusnet.

Anon
Pro

When I first started they were in private ownership, cared about their product and their customer. Would settle for one of those from them today.

I have spent a lot of time trying to sort things out in the past few years that Pnet have made a muck of, not willing to waste any more  time trying to sort out why their billing system does not work.They should have tried the thing out before they used their paying customers as unwilling guinea pigs.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

some off topic and irrelevant posts removed  

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gambo123
Hooked

Oh dear....  

Confused isn't the word.  Despite a phone call from [CSA Removed] at Plus net reassuring me due to Plusnets farce of a service and the disconnection I was wrongly given last month, exactly the same thing has happened again.  I received a phone call from her advising me I was to receive a cheque for £75 as a goodwill gesture within the next 21 days.  To date nothing.  On Friday last week after receiving three emails all sent exactly the same time from PlusNet saying totally different things ie one saying I was getting an amount knocked off my bill then another saying a different amount, then the other email saying as id not paid my bill was getting a restricted service.  What on earth is going on?  Im not paying another bill to get cut off again …. ive since received another message saying I cant now dial out on my housephone.  Ive stopped my payment method until I find out exactly whats happened here PlusNet and if I don't get reconnected today im going elsewhere.  Please explain to me, how the heck do I get a phone call saying you owe me money then you cut me off? HELP PLEASE 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Chase status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@gambo123,

I've had a look at this and spoke to the lady you spoke to regarding the matter to clarify what should have happened (though the information is on the ticket it's just easier to speak face to face).

Everything that was said was going to be done has been done, I just want to assure you of this. The cheque hasn't been received yet but this conversation was on the 29th October so we're within the timescale. 

What's happened with the new notifications (call barring, failed billing etc,) is ridiculous, so I'm very sorry that's occurred. By the looks of it some of the refunds and credits that were previously applied were auto passed to management to authorise and this never happened (which is unacceptable and I've raised it to the community and Social managers to review why). Today we've credited off that outstanding balance this will update in two hours. You account is reactivated, your phone unbarred and the outstanding credits are in the processed of being authorised by management. We'll update you again once this has all completed.