cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

The odd thing is that it DOES work fine with the latest Firefox for some people, me included.
At first it didn't, but I just had to log out and log in again and it did work.
I did play around with some of my FF settings too before I did that, so I wasn't sure exactly what had got it working till someone mentioned logging out and in again sorts it out.

One thing I've noticed is that if the PlusNet Member Centre is the first site I go to after I've opened Firefox and I have to put in my password protection password for it to autofill the log-in box, then I can't see my bill and have to log out and log in again for the page to work properly.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Anon
Pro

• Plusnet has just spent a fortune implementing a new billing system - there are other essential priorities requiring expenditure before a fashionable application to do exactly the same thing as the existing system does

Or does not infact. Is that essential priority to get that expensive billing system working. App, no app, billing system not working, perhaps they would have been better leaving well alone, instead of wasting their money and losing customers. Wonder how much advertising money has to be spent to get one loyal customer, who will stay for years? But they are leaving.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
philipdp

SOLVED!.  I had to enable pop-ups for portal.plus.net then it worked.

Bob-a-Job
Hooked

Regardless of browser - Chrome, Firefox or Edge - this is the current message displayed when trying to access Bills & Payments - 

There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Bob-a-Job

Do you have automatic logon switched on for the Plusnet Member Centre? If so you need to switch it off at https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=autologin

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Bob-a-Job
Hooked

No, I don't

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Bob-a-Job

Things that have caused issues with the new Plusnet billing display are

1. Ad-blockers enabled
  2. Cookies - I had to delete all Plusnet cookies to get rid of the error message you are seeing
  3. Auto-logon to the Member Centre

I've just read my bill today in the latest Chrome Stable 64bit version.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Bob-a-Job
Hooked

@SpendLessTime

Thanks - this is what resolved the issue for me 

2. Cookies - I had to delete all Plusnet cookies to get rid of the error message 

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

After many weeks of struggling Plusnet at last got my bill sorted. It appears no problem using FF62 on W7 PC. The adjustments are clearly listed, the overcharge has been deducted and the correct amount taken from my bank a/c today. I really hope PN has got on top of this at last. In fairness my BB has performed faultlessly without a single outage since I joined more than four years ago.

Anon
Pro

Unfortunately faultless broadband is no good if you cannot get your bill right, if you cannot easily contact by phone, no way of leaving tickets and if they keep making such major lashups.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Bills and Payments seems to work 100% of the time in MS Edge and Chrome now....but whatever I try ,it never works in FirefoxShocked

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@davidj66 I only use FF (64bit) and hardly ever have any problem, any I do get are usually resolved by a quick F5 refresh.

John
infidelus
Rising Star

The problem is (and assuming it's browser related) if the site has only been coded with a particular browser in mind, it's no good to anyone.  Nobody wants to go back to the days where if you didn't use Internet Explorer, nothing worked.  Any web designer/developer worth their salt should check ALL the major browsers for compatibility, and a site update shouldn't be rolled out UNTIL THEY ALL WORK.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@infidelus I will repeat, for your (and anyone elses) benefit, the problems are not browser related - I have had only enough problems accessing my bills through FF, which people seemed to blame initially, to count on one hand since the revisions very early on following the initial release.

John
infidelus
Rising Star

You may note I did say quite clearly "if".  Either way, it's still a bit of a **** show of poor development.  Whoever is responsible for the update should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such a buggy update.