Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

I think it's all pretty hit and miss at the moment.

It won't work for me in FF 63.0 but works in MS Edge albeit slowly.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Strat You may be right, but I've has no problems for the last two or three weeks, using the latest FF (x64) at all times.

John
CrystalJayme
Grafter

@Strat - We need an app as well like what other providers have.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I agree with you @CrystalJayme but as just a customer like yourself I'm unable to persuade the powers that be to consider it Sad

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@CrystalJayme wrote:
@Strat - We need an app as well like what other providers have.

Another significant application development with all of the potential risk that would bring … really?

Apps are never the right answer - too fat and too complex - too exposed to platform changes.  Besides which, do you really want your phone / tablet cluttered (memory filled up) with a program designed to work with just one service provider … as opposed to using a web browser which will work with them all?

FWIW using Win10 Edge (and IE for invoice printing) I have not seen the issues which others have reported, beyond errors reported when attempting to access the Billing & Payments module from a stale or dirty portal session.  They work fine - the decision to choose a browser which does not work is an individual choice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

merlin
Dabbler

Same for me in FF63 on W10 1803, ok in Google Chrome .  I have tried all the security settings in FF, added exceptions for https://www.plus.net and https://portal.plus.net all to no avail.

Same problem on a different PC with same Os 7 FF63

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Using W7 on desktop PC, first FF62.0.1 and latest Firefox Quantum 63 installed this week, my bills have been appearing fine over the past five weeks. Mind you, I haven't had a bill at all for the past two months but it looks as if PN is getting this sorted at last, it's bound to take some time to sort out this billing shambles. Staff very helpful but obviously they're snowed under.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I couldn't get it to open in Firefox a month ago, when I got my first new format bill, but logging out of my Plusnet online account and then logging back in seemed to fix it. Sometimes takes a while to load initially but it does load eventually. I'm always on the latest version of Firefox, currently 63.0 (64 bit) on Mac OSX Mojave.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
CrystalJayme
Grafter

@Townman - Why is your answer so negative? I was just saying that we should have an app like tapatalk where you can look at your account and see your bills and phone bills too instead of turning on the laptop or desktop pc just to look at my account. You really need to chill.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

@Mad_Moggies - I tried that logging out and back in to no avail. I also disabled all of my add-ons and cleared my cookies and data etc. All I know is that before plusnet messed about with the billing section it was working fine on my previous version of FF. So all other links work fine and shows the screen but billing doesn't nor does Account Details ---> View Transactions and Payment Details.
Anon
Pro

After log in...log out....did you shake it all about, stick one finger in the air, throw some salt over your right shoulder, dance once around the table and grip tight onto your rabbits foot?

Any might work, this is Pnet.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@CrystalJayme wrote:
@Townman - Why is your answer so negative? I was just saying that we should have an app like tapatalk where you can look at your account and see your bills and phone bills too instead of turning on the laptop or desktop pc just to look at my account. You really need to chill.

Is that the best you can do to debate the matter - make a personal attack?  You do not seem to have any ability to discuss the points made, all you can do is suggest that Plusnet should be like others … who have probably got it wrong!

Single purpose apps are never the right solution for simple enquiry to a remote service purposes, even though they might be seen to be a fashionable solution.  They might have a place where there is true need for off line content / or off-line use, like for example dropbox.  After spending decades in the IT industry I can assure you that fashion has rarely delivered anything beneficial, it rather tends to just be a more complex way of doing something which ought to be quite simple and probably more proficiently implemented in a different manner.  I have seen £300k developments cost £5+m because some idiot thought fashionable technology was more important than just delivering the functionality … and you the tax payer are picking up the cost.

• Plusnet has just spent a fortune implementing a new billing system - there are other essential priorities requiring expenditure before a fashionable application to do exactly the same thing as the existing system does
  • Apps are single function technology - you cannot use one supplier's app to manage a different supplier's service - but you can use one web browser to access everything
  • Every additional app (which you might use only occasionally) robs more space on your phone / tablet which you might make better use of for other purposes - such as storing music or photos
  • Not everyone has smart devices, whereas everyone has something which will run a web browser … as do smart devices … and there's not too much wrong with accessing the billing system on a smart phone
  • Unless you build an app for every (ever changing) platform, you are going to leave out some users - a web application is for everyone

You really need to look at the bigger picture!  Diverting time, effort and money to do fashionable things (accessible by some but not all) for which there are existing solutions, at the expense of doing other things which we can all benefit from might be thought to be a bit selfish.  There is a whole host of very desirable things to be looked at before an app.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

infidelus
Rising Star

Have to agree with @Townman.  If Plusnet can't get the billing system working in a standard browser, they've no chance of making an App that works.

While I do have a smartphone, I also couldn't care less about filling it up with useless junk that only access once a month.  I'd rather use my desktop PC which I use daily anyway, and that makes it much easier to download and backup my bill instead of having to download it, transfer it to a cloud service or plug in the USB and transfer it to a backup device anyway.

Why Plusnet can't just email our bills is anyone's guess.  It's not like they don't know your email address ...

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

They work fine - the decision to choose a browser which does not work is an individual choice.

@Townman - the thing is that this used to work with no problems. You seem to be saying that people should stop using Firefox just because PlusNet seem incapable of coding a web page to work with it correctly.

CrystalJayme
Grafter

@Townman - I made the personal attack on you? That's funny as it was you who attacked me remember? I used to be in the IT industry too and whatever you say is just your opinion.