Grafter

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

I have the same issue
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

Hi @Kas647 sorry for the these issues. I have looked into your query and as this relates to both of your accounts with us I have had to create a ticket response on each account to address this.

Please see these below;

1) here

2) here

I hope this helps clarify your query. However, if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Hi @cazpro777 sorry to hear about the issues with your billing, I can see that my colleague is taking personal ownership to help you resolve this here

However, if there is additional support I can offer please do not hesitate to let me know.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

@Anon

No, please do not insult the call centre staff who are doing their best to deal with the new glitch-ridden billing system. My own bill hasn't been sorted yet but the advisers are at least mailing explanations of what's happening.

I agree the fault lies well above their pay grade and it's time senior management issued a statement as to the number of customers involved and what they are doing about it. I suspect even the PN advisers don't know what's wrong.

In the absence of such statement I think it's time to remind everyone that two years ago Ofcom fined PN £880,000 for serious failures and overcharges in customer billing.To quote Ofcom: This investigation showed that Plusnet breached one of Ofcom’s most important billing rules – General Condition 11.1 (PDF, 454.6 KB), which is designed to ensure customers are charged correctly for the services they receive. The Ofcom statement can be viewed here.

Aggrieved customers may wish to consider making a new complaint to Ofcom. Another fine, maybe £1 million this time, might encourage PN's well-paid bosses to start earning their money.

Anon
Pro

In my view I did not insult staff. I said in different words that staff were doing nothing and from top to bottom they are NOT. Sorry but the word staff does include senior management and everyone below.

The new system may not have been decided by staff who do come on here, but unfortunately they are representatives of the company, though they may not make the decisions. If they don't like the company and their job, that is up to them.

And perhaps, when they have only recently appeared on here, you could tell me how you know they are working hard to resolve the issue and how you know it is not of their making? Or are you just trying to defend Pnet? When you have been with them as long as I have I neither accept your speculations or their explanations. And there is no excuse for leaving customers high and dry like they have done.

Roll on December. LEAVE.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Richchad
Rising Star

My bill is due today, 19th, usually available first thing, however we are now at the end of the day and still only last months bill available.

I still find sometimes I can view in Firefox but not today only able to view in IE11...

Also I like to download my telephone calls, but this months still not available, last month I was able to download but call duration times not exported, and times shown before exporting are HH:MM:SS:CS... Before the call durations were exported rounded up to next minute.

I just don't understand why no service status updates from PN.

I have been with PN for many years without many problems, just signed up for another 2 years with a good deal, so even though there are problems with the billing system, which I hope will be sorted soon, I have no regrets as long as my BB and phone are working okay.

Update

Just had an email to let me know my Bill will be delayed which said...

we just wanted to drop you an email to reassure you that you won't be charged any more or less money, and your service won't be affected in any way. You'll get your usual email notifications when your bill's ready, and payment will be taken via your current method.
We hope this doesn't cause any problems, but please get in touch if you need to. Call us on 0800 587 2677.

Which is good that they are letting me know at least.....

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

From what has been seen, it looks as though billing process is run in day 1. Sometime during day 2 the bills become visible online. On day 3 the notification emails are sent. N days later payment is taken if there are automated means on the account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

But they have the cheek not to run any service notifications despite the mess.

buddyg

Ive been with plusnet for couple of years and accessing bills was never a problem but cant access September bill. Money has been taken from bank but keeps saying try later when I try to access bill for my VAT return. Raised a ticket but problem still not resolved. This has been going on for two weeks now and is completely unacceptable.

Anon
Pro

Sadly, many things not acceptable to us, seem very acceptable to Pnet, something I have discovered many times over the years I have been with them. Look at the massive number of posts that they have done on this issue, NOT.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @buddyg,

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to see you are unable to view your bills and apologise for the inconvenience this must cause you. I have updated your ticket here.

buddyg

Still unable to access bill (26/10/18 20:30) comes back with: There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator

cant select any file there are none displayed. as you seem unable to currently correct the problem please e-mail copies of the last 2 bills to me. I asked for this 2 weeks ago.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

I have updated your ticket accordingly @buddgy.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Looks like something might be happening. I got an email 2 days before my bill was due to say that it would be delayed.

I looked online earlier today, it being the day after my usual billing date. The latest bill was still September's but it said my next bill was due in November. Checking again tonight and my September bill is no longer available to view, plus there are various messages saying "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later."

Perhaps I'm being over-optimistic but I'm hoping it's being worked on now. 🙂

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

That error message is usually associated with a stale portal session. You need to explicitly logout of the portal, log back in again and try again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.