cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

dcmo25

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Thanks. All sorted. Linux makes firefox download the bill. No problems thereafter

Pentris
Dabbler

I have also found that the 'Bills and Payments' page is not working. None of the clickable links are working. Cannot view bills at all. I bet the payment will still go through on time.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

I can view my bills but my Ocober one is a week overdue!

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@daveplus

Snap!

I raised this via the forum and a helpful Plusnet Help Team Member made some enquiries of the Billing department and advised me (via a ticket) that they have temporarily suspended billing on my account whilst they are sorting out some invoicing issues on the account. Once resolved they will let me have a further update.

I suspect that the new billing system has thrown up a lot of issues that managed to get through the old system that are causing problems now and that the Billing team are having to sort them out now.

infidelus
Rising Star

Not replying to anyone particularly, but I finally got a reply from Plusnet (it's only taken them 3 and a bit weeks ...

First of all thank you for your query and I do apologise for the length of time it has taken for us to respond to your ticket. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with our new billing system. We are actively working to fix any issues that are raised to us in regards to this. We are carrying out regular maintenance on the system at the moment and these issues are a priority to us.

Thank you for your ongoing patience with this matter.

Kind regards,

Stephanie Middleton

Doesn't tell anyone an awful lot, but it's just a pity they can't be bothered to actually post on here to keep people up to date.

As for the pdf download / Acrobat issues, the poorly named filename that's generated is quite likely a poor bit of coding by someone.  I imagine they intended to give a more meaningful name, but someone's made a mistake somewhere.

As for Firefox, you can preview your bill without downloading it, and there's a setting in Preferences under Files and Applications --- Applications that allows you to change the default option.

Firefox PDF settingsFirefox PDF settings

Just make sure the PDF entry is set to Preview in Firefox.  I've just tested it and it worked.  It was set like that by default on my Linux Mint install.

Anon
Pro

I tried contact on Facebook. Interesting they seem to want to try and respond on there and not on their own forums. Except they control content on FB and not so much on he re.

After several exchanges they asked me to post a screen shot and then suggested emptying cache etc etc.I think with fingers crossed that it might work or at least that they are seen to be doing something. I aint got the patience, the time or the inclination to be bothered anymore. Just hope they undercharge me if they are going to lash up before I intend  to depart.

They are a completely useless bunch, that in the last 15 months have messed up my referrals, my contract and my emails. Not much else they could get wrong. They have cost me hours of time and argument. They care not for their customers, witness how long replies have taken and best of all is there anything on service issues, is there anything posted on here. Punters should be quiet and put up with what we give them. Lessons learned over 20 years of using w hat is not an amateur, script reading, uncommunicative, uncaring company.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the delayed responses.

I've gone through it with a fine toothpick to try to resolve the support issues people are experiencing.

@silentbazz, I've taken a look at the outstanding ticket 182224628 on your account and added a reply to it. 

@G3WYP, I've chased the issues you're having with your bill and I've posted an update to your ticket 183319330 that I've got ahold of and I'll update you when I know more.

@jetstar, are you still unable to view your bills?

@PeeGee, it doesn't look like your invoice was delayed too much. Everything OK now?

@goldenfibre, I believe the view your payments button will only show any payments made to us in the new billing engine. Anything prior to 1st September this year can be accessed via the view my bills button.

@LawrenceA, sorry that you've been unable to find out what your call charges relate to. I'm struggling to find a charge for £12.56 on your account. Mind sending me a PM with what you're seeing please so I can look into this.

@Julee and @Longliner, from looking at your accounts this seems to be either be sorted or in the process or being?

@monnowbridge, could you advise further on what happens when you go to view your bills?

Apologies if I've I've missed a support issue which needs looking at. Feel free to shout up if that's the case.

Anyone who is still having difficulties accessing the bills and payments page, could you copy and paste here the error message please so we can forward this on to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

What delay, why not wait till next year?

clive_p
Dabbler

One issue that isn't fixed (I just checked again today) is that using Firefox (and at least some other browsers) if you click on the download bill link you get a file called ($STANDARD) - no .pdf extension, indeed no file type at all. 

I have reported this at least twice on this forum, and so have several others, so it isn't just me.  I looks like a basic PHP programming error to me.  There is a work-around: if you take the trouble to get into your downloads folder and rename the file to something sensible than Adobe Acrobat or other PDF readers will accept it, but with no file type none of them do.  But why should customers go through the trouble of doing that just because some Plusnet Droid is no good at programming?

Can you try to get that fixed?

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Thank you @Gandalf, I have had PN mails informing me (1) that my overpayment will be refunded in my next bill due today and this week (2) informing me that this bill will be delayed for a few days.

Main thing is that  my BB/Phone package remains fast and reliable. Many thanks and best wishes to all the Plusnet staff doing their best to sort a terrible billing mess which is not of their making.

Anon
Pro

Many thanks and best wishes to all the Plusnet staff doing their best to sort a terrible billing mess which is not of their making.

LOL. Pnet had their arms twisted up their back so that they HAD to put this untested system in and mess up their customers. Pity the same person did not  twist the staff's arms to even bother to address the customers who pay their wages said nix nothing for  weeks, even though they knew customers had found the new system not working. Where  were the service posts telling of the issue and updating us. Though no service posts usually means with Pnet, from 20 years experience of them, that they do not know what is wrong and even less how to put it right.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) aimed at staff removed as per Forum rules.

Kas647

The new billing system is beyond dire. I have been billed days early, and for more than 4 times what is due. I cannot see my bill, never mind what is in it. More waiting on the phone, or unavailable Live Chat. What is happening at Plusnet? It's just awful.

Kas647

My bill is supposed to be for £7.00 on the 21st October. Pnet has emailed me to say my bill is ready to be viewed and is £35.73. It cannot be viewed and is entirely incorrect. How do I get this resolved?

Anon
Pro

The trouble is the staff from top to bottom need to be insulted for either putting an untested system in, or giving instructions to front line staff not to bother coming onto THEIR forums and explaining themselves. Real people in staff need  to be held accountable to us, who pay their wages, for the way they have taken money and not had a usable product and not even bothering or caring enough to explain themselves.

Why are we not being told what is happening and more to the point why are we not being told who made the decision to implement this massive foul up and who made the decision that no member of staff should come and address the issue for weeks.

How about some answers for a change Pnet?

cazpro777
Grafter

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

Yes I have problems with account and billing
If you click my user name you can see
Thank you for reading and your time