cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

bgiles
Rising Star

Re: NEW BILLING SYSTEM IS APPALLING !

I'm pretty sure it's a cookie issue too, as every time I get a blank 'Bills and payments' page, I go and delete just the Plusnet cookies, log back into the portal, then my Bills are back again.

Plusnet SoGEA
DrayTek Vigor2762 VoIP Router
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Have you tried logging out of the Member Centre in FF and then logging back in? That seems to have fixed it for me though it may just be coincidence.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Personally I've tried everything suggested for Firefox - logging out and then back in, clearing cookies, switching off Adblock Plus etc etc - but nothing allows the Bills to be displayed on my set up in FF!!

Just having to use MS Edge for the one task of checking my monthly bill from PN.

Mackem1973
Grafter

I believe the problem is on there side and not our so whatever we try is sure to fail. the only way i can get to see mine is to view bill and wait for 2 mins which is pretty silly imo lets hope they fix it sooner rather then later

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

How do you have your preferences set in FF for viewing pdfs?
I have a Mac, on which the included pdf viewer is Preview (rather than Acrobat) and have FF set to open in 'Preview in Firefox' but it works equally well if I have it set to the default of 'Use Preview', which opens directly into the application.

As I posted earlier, my Plusnet bill was invisible on Firefox when I first tried to view it several days ago but was OK a few days later, after I had logged out and in again. Looking at the 'Maintenance' widget, I see that the automatic weekly 'housekeeping' took place the evening before I was able to view it in FF, so it might be something as simple as emptying the browser cache if that doesn't happen automatically on your PC.

Julee
Grafter

I do not know if your post was directed at me or was a general post. But it had my name on it and I find it offensive when I have only posted once in seven days only to be accused of extreme ranting. It seems to me that this whole web site is no longer about problems with billing, and lack of response from plusnet, but a chance for people to accuse others of wrong doing. This will be my last post on this site so once again I will say what has happened to me with regards to plusnet.  

I have been with plusnet for 15 years (please take note, I am not a newbie). I opened plusnet on the 14th of September to view my upcoming bill and could only view my full charges, not my itemized bill. I was being overcharged, I could see that even without the itemized bill. I telephoned plusnet and was told the bill would be immediately be amended. On the 16th September the bill was just the same, I again telephoned and was apologised to, and told again it would be amended. On the 18th I rang again, and was told it was to late it had gone though to my bank. I checked with my bank and yes it had been payed. I again on the someday rang plusnet and asked for a refund. I did not hear anything from plusnet until the 24th, when I was told I would receive a refund. It is now 19 days since I first reported this issue, I still have not received a refund. I was going to apologise if you consider this to be an extreme rant, but I am not, it is plusnet that should apologize. Which seems to be extremely lacking. Instead of having ago at other customers and each other why not try to persuade plusnet to put the billing system right. As for the people who say 'well I've had know billing issue's, honestly that's wonderful, but there are a lot of people who have been overcharged, and as yet received no refund. Goodnight and goodbye.

Call this an extreme rant if you want, I call it the true.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Julee, my bill was wrong too (got charged for two mobile calls even though I'm on Unlimited UK & Mobile) but I was told I would get a refund on my next bill, so not till later this month. Mine is too small an amount to send out a refund but yours is probably a lot more.

BTW it's difficult working out who these replies are answering, unless names are mentioned. I wondered why I was being addressed like that till I realised you must have been replying to someone else. The email notification doesn't say who the reply is to either. You've been with Plusnet for the same number of years as I have so I expect you too miss being to raise a ticket online and instead having to hang on for an answer over the phone. I gave up this time and, as Online Chat was unavailable too, sent a message via Facebook and it was dealt with quickly but not everyone is on Facebook.

Anon
Pro

The most dreadful thing about it all is that Pnet say NOWT.

Been with them 20 years but Black Friday deals up when I can change and there will be offers from GOOD companies not this trash.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
infidelus
Rising Star

I can see me ditching them when my contract's up.  Not only can they not be bothered to respond to any of the complaints on here from the multitude of users in this (merged) thread, but they can't even be bothered to reply to my ticket.

We'll do you proud .... what a load of rubbish!

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Yes, this thread (or, at least one of it’s merged “threadlets”) has been going since 1 September. Nothing definitive from Plusnet themselves regarding what the issues are or when customers can expect to see resolution.

The Bills and Payments page still does not load properly every time and often requires a logout/login  from the Member Centre.In my case the Referral Credits seem to have caught up in the Current Referrals page; but my October bill is late and so I do not know if those referrals will actually be credited on the bill. The email I got advising that my bill would be late was entitled “Your Line Rental Saver Payment” although that was nothing to do with it – another glitch..

There still seem to be numerous posts about double payments etc., and delayed reimbursement.Why are Plusnet saying that reimbursement will be by cheque and will take weeks? I fear they do not trust their new automated systems which, if true, only indicates further chaos.

I do feel sorry for the staff who are, no doubt, under severe pressure in trying to manage these issues. Come on, Plusnet management, it is time you made a statement.

Anon
Pro

Reimbursements for  wrong Direct Debit or not enough notice is easy...just ask the bank to repay it, and they have to do so.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
dcmo25

I too cannot view my bill since the changes. I am referred to the Adobe site, but Adobe does not support Linux.

I have a pdf reader which works with everything but Plusnet. How can I view my bill when plusnet site looks for Adobe instead of allowing me to download the bill?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The Plusnet site does not "look for" adobe.

Just click the View Bill button next to the selected date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I haven't used Adobe for many years. On my Mac the bill opens using Apple's Preview that comes with the OS and opens and edits all sorts of image files as well as pdfs.
However, I do have to wait a while for my bill to appear, both the summary on the page and the full bill with breakdown of phone calls etc that opens in Preview.

Bookworms
Grafter

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I'm late to this thread and have only just speedily read through it.

I was bit confused when I went to view my bill today and found myself faced with:

You will need Adobe Reader installed to view your bill. If you do not have this it can be downloaded for free here:

Using Firefox I eventually managed to download the PDFs for the last two bills but the filename for each is the same: '$STANDARD'

I renamed them to something more appropriate but I'm surprised that aren't automatically assigned a more meaningful name.

On a more general note I find the new billing page horribly clunky and off-putting (I could say the same about the forum too but that's another topic...).

Is there a reason why we can't have a simple HTML overview along with the PDF?