cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Re: NEW BILLING SYSTEM IS APPALLING !

Interesting, as that's exactly my set up too. What do you have your Firefox pdf preferences set to? It may be that's the problem with mine. I'll check out cookies later, just in case it's those. Also logging out of the Member Centre in FF and logging back in, which perhaps I should have tried earlier.

As I wrote, it works fine in Safari, but I prefer to use FF one reason being that Safari doesn't show the full url in the address bar but FF does.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Julee
Grafter

Dear Anon, I agree with all your comments in your last posting. This will probably be my last message as I have had repeated messages from moderators after posting about plusnet being owned by BT since 2007. I just wonder,  no I am not going to say what I think. I first reported issues with my bill on the 14th September, By telephone, the same over the next few days. It was the 23th September before I had any reply , this basically said " I would get a refund. No refund yet. Still can not view my full bill, only how much they are going to charge me. This is a wonderful community website, but, sometime it is about ordinary people, in this day and age, people that do not have money to waste. Not all about what computer systems you have, which PDF you have. Previously I could view my whole bill, plus previous months bills, and the itemized bill. Go back to the old system, there seems to be no actual improvement between the systems. Only causing stress, and upset to none computer wiss kids, ordinary members of the public. That pay the wages. Lastly the lack of communication is appalling. 

Julee

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Dahnak
Dabbler

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

I can't view my bill in latest Google Chrome just a blank screen where the billing info should be, fired up MS Edge and billing appears, thanks to @Strat for pointing out the obvious and trying another browser.

Darren

Mackem1973
Grafter

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

Same with me not been able to view my bill first you got it wrong now i can see if its been amended whats going on ?

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My Bill does now appear, and I haven`t changed any settings whatsoever.  It does also give you the option and a link for a .pdf reader, if anyone does not already have one already installed.   I haven`t done anything magical, so I think maybe just give it a couple of days to see if the system catches up with itself.  

I do think that more information / bulletins etc., from PN staff would have helped to ease the situation a lot better, shutting the Live Chat does not seem the answer to me.

gambo123
Hooked

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

ive lost my phone line despite paying my bill on agreed date as instructed, send a copy of bank proof of payment, 2 days later still not reconnected, If I hear anymore of the stupid music they play on a loop for well over 30 minutes on call wait Im gonna go mad.  Been swearing like a trooper for last two days its so so frustrating.  Even when I eventually get through they say theyre reconnecting me and someone will ring me.  Yes pigs may fly to.  Still waiting.

tanconsult

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Just attempted to view my bills and found only a blank space. Tried several routes to it but - unsurprisingly - none of them worked. Not an urgent need but hope the bug fixers in Plusnets IT Department are sorting this basic requirement quickly.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Did you click on 'View my bill' then patiently wait 30 secs clicking nothing else in the meantime?  This is a problem under investigation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tanconsult

MauriceC - yes, tried that. A partial solution so far was switching from Firefox to Chrome. I was able to see the billing data although I had to take screenshots to get a record of them. This gave me what I wanted for now (transferring the data to my own records) but hardly the facility that was there before, let alone being able to download pdfs. Since part of my background is in telecoms billing systems, i actually have some sympathy with Plusnet; this will evaporate if they don't get it sorted in the next little while.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I couldn't view mine in Firefox at first but could view it in Safari. Today however, I logged out of the Member Centre in FF and then logged back in. Hey presto, the bill was there as it had previously only been in Safari.

Having reported it a few days ago as not working in FF (and obviously others will have done the same) maybe they have made a small adjustment to the coding which has made it visible.

Easy to download too when I click on 'View your bills', as though it tells me I will need Adobe Reader it opens perfectly well using the Mac's Preview application (either in a browser window or in Preview, depending on how I have FF preferences set), as do all such documents, with the usual options of printing or saving.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

On FF I get to the bit where you get the buttons to view the bill but nothing works. Webconsole reports

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:

tanconsult

Checked again on FirefFox just now - no change. Approached the "Bills and Payments" section from any route I could find but the same result each time. Since, as reported, I managed to get my data using Chrome, the lack of function to download bills as before from FireFox is a nicety I can bear to live without (for a while). Clearly, Plusnet will eventually fix this but for now patience is a better strategy than risking a stomach ulcer. Hope my fellow sufferers can go with this for now.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

No real change from when I posted earlier on in this thread ie Bills and Payments works every time in Edge, most times in Chrome but NEVER in Firefox -just the White wall of Death!!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

For me now in FireFox, Bills and Payments is workable albeit with a delay in displaying.

It feels like it's in a queue, waiting for its turn to be supplied with data.

It used to feel like the queue for the new iPhone, now it feels like a Tesco checkout.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine