cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

infidelus
Rising Star

Re: NEW BILLING SYSTEM IS APPALLING !

Having just got home from work to see about 30 new forum posts clogging up my inbox, I'm going to go back into the slightly off-topic comments.

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would willingly install Adobe Reader.  It's a bloated pile of unnecessary rubbish and, as mentioned, most recent browsers will display *standard* PDFs without issue.  There are also a fair few lightweight PDF readers that are quite good enough (Sumatra PDF has already been mentioned - there are a number of others for Windows users).

If you need to edit a PDF, that's a different story.  I have to do a lot of that at work because idiots don't know how to scan a document so it faces the right way up, and god help them if they have to send multiple pages at once (page 1, 6, 2, 3, 5, 4 ...) and we do use the full Adobe product (other editors are available), which does what you want it to do though I'm still not keen on the brand and it wouldn't be my choice outside of the workplace.

We now return you to your regular broadcast ...

Welshdragon
Rising Star

I guess putting a canvas over the broken foundations, will not fix the broken foundations.

What I mean is IMHO, the 20+ yr old hardware should of been upgraded long before the billing system, which would most likely of been a result of a much smoother transition.

But what do I know I am just a mere mortal, with just my 2 pennies worth of observation...

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

I echo your sentiments,  I was always told "If it isn`t broken, don`t try to fix it". 

I don`t get the fact that it seems so difficult to get a receipt.  Other users have mentioned that PlusNet will not issue a VAT Invoice to personal users, only business users.   Strange that I can easily get a receipt (VAT or otherwise) for just about everything else that I buy, but PlusNet seem to think this is an un-reasonable request now. 

The contact issues of not being able to speak / live chat with a single soul is my biggest concern, and perhaps will be issue that forces me to leave.My brother recently had an issue with his EE account, and said that he managed to speak to someone immediately, and get the problem resolved on the same phone call.  No chance of that around here !

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Exactly my experience of this too !  Can`t print anything a there is no option to print, just a naff expanding window that does nothing.  Backwards step is an under statement...

Julee
Grafter

Infidels

please can you answer this question for me, I have just tried to answer a post that Lawrence A sent me, in the 'this billing system is appalling'  section and it came up with, 

Access denied

!OPPS

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent, to perform this action.

Highlighted in yellow.

Thank you, Julee

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

You must have posted at the same time as the mods were administering the topics. They (customers like you) have been busy trying to marshal all of the scatte “me too” postings into coherent topics.

What you described can happen in the midst of such activity.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Hi @Julee, I am proud to be an infidel under the common law of our sovereign land Thumbs_Up Thumbs_Up

Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but thank you for the heads up that we may also potentially encounter the same / similar issue that you are encountering.

Julee
Grafter

Hi Welshdragon

I have a family full of Welshdragons who are all infidels.

Seems only to be coming up on LawrenceA's post on that sight.Cool_smiley

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Hi Julee nice one, all proud infidels too I would imagine Thumbs_Up Thumbs_Up

It may just be a glitch, but what do I know, I am a mere mortal and a pawn in the game of life
infidelus
Rising Star

See I thought @Julee was probably talking to me, but maybe you lot are just a bunch of infidels Smiley

I didn't know the answer by the way ...

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Hi @infidelus now Confucius has struck a chord Funny Funny as @Julee might of been, but only Julee can answer for sure Wink Wink

I can not speak for others, but as I have previously mentioned, I am a proud infidel Wink Wink

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I do hope that the thread is now going back on target Wink

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Welshdragon
Rising Star

Sorry @Strat Lips_are_sealed

Julee
Grafter

Oh I' m so sorry, I was just answering a post that had been sent to me. Don't be cross. By the way, I'm not much of an infidel. But maybe I would like to be over the billing issues. Getting back to one of the points. It does not seem to have been fixed. I am just an ordinary person, not a computer wizz kid, but I do know that with all the resources that plusnet being owned by BT must have available that there should be a wizz kid out there that could fix the over billing, lack of access to accounts, printing, lack of updates to customers ect. Or an old wizz kid that could re-install the old billing and payment system. Thanks Julee

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Some valid points there @Julee

To broach on some of them points in question format

1. Why did PN make they're own billing system instead of using a tried and tested system
  2. Why hasn't the billing system been rolled back to the old system
  3. Who authourised the current billing system as "good to go"
  4. Why has there been NO public apology from PN
  5. Why are PN still allowing unlawful and fraudulant over payments / charging ex customers/ discounts revoked and much much more, after Ofcom fined PM £880,000.00 last year for poor billing practices
  6. Why has PN got worse instead of learning a valuable lesson

Lindsey Fussell, Ofcom’s Consumer Group Director, said: “There can be no margin for error, and no excuses, when it comes to billing customers correctly.”

“This fine should serve as a reminder to telecoms companies that they must adhere to Ofcom’s billing rules at all times, or face the consequences.”

Research the Bill of rights acts, Fraud act 2006

Seek Ofcoms search and you'll see BT umbrella companies being fined for a myriad of different issues, including breaking contracts, incorrect billing etc. Moral of the story stay away from BT and they're umbrella companies as they are tainted to the core....