Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

OK @Townman - makes sense. I've never used the built-in readers myself, so can't/won't comment.

John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@clive_p wrote:

That is, unfortunately, not true.  As I pointed out earlier in the thread, the file that one can (with persistence) download is simply named $STANDARD with no file type.

I believe that the file now has the name document.pdf when downloaded?  This an improvement on $STANDARD but is still not an ideal solution.  E.g. downloading this month's bills on my two accounts I get download.pdf and download(1).pdf, so not easy to differentiate which is which and file in the correct folder.  Others have suggested name format to include Account name / Number + bill date etc.  I'd prefer Account name, but this component is no longer presented in the bill - only the numeric Account No.

Low priority given the larger current issues, but would improve usability.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

clive_p
Dabbler

Maurice C said "I believe that the file now has the name document.pdf" - well I just tried it again a few seconds ago and it again downloaded $STANDARD (which Windows renamed to $STANDARD(2) as I already had one.  Still no file type so it did not work with any of the PDF readers that I have.  Such a basic mistake and so easy to fix.  Why is nothing being done?

jab1
Legend

@clive_p To test, I have downloaded my latest bill, which is identified '$STANDARD.pdf' - clicked 'File-save as' and renamed and saved it as '09Sep18' with no problem.

John
Julee
Grafter

Oh dear, I am sorry, there must be some other reason that I can view and file documents belonging to my electricity bills, gas bills, utility bills, mobile phone bills, hospital appointments ect, ect, ect. But not plusent without  downloading Adobe. You are also slightly missing the point of what I  am saying, if I can view and file other other bills, and documents why should I be forced too, just to view my own bill.

It is the principle of the thing, not whether or not you want it or love it.

jab1
Legend

@Julee Trying to help here, so don't shout at me if I've missed something obvious.Wink

If you can view the things you mention on your pad (iPad or some other?) then you must have some form of PDF reader already installed?

The reference to Adobe is a bit misleading, as ANY pdf reader will open your bill (as I have said previously, I use Sumatra on my laptop).

John
Richchad
Rising Star

I use PDF-Xchange viewer to view my pdf files, my Plusnet bill opens immediately when I click "View Bill"

However that is sometimes after several attempts, clearing cookies just to get to the stage where I get the Bills & Payments page in firefox.

monnowbridge

Re: NEW BILLING SYSTEM IS APPALLING !

I'm glad someone else is as fed up with this as me !  I can no longer access or print off bills and  , like you say , the online chat is permanently unavailable.

For a company that try to make a big thing about customer service in their advertising this is just awful...

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I think it is about time that Plusnet came clean about the number and extent of issues that have arisen and continue to arise that are or may be attributable to the new billing system introduced at the beginning of September.

This Forum seems awash with threads on these issues with Plusnet Help Team members and customer Superusers appearing on the Forum to try to help. If threads that deal with predominantly the same issue were amalgamated (if that is possible) it might help further duplicate threads from appearing, as users would see existing issues more easily..

The issues that I have seen (and this list may not be exhaustive) are:

--Problems actually accessing the Bills and Payments page in the Members Centre when using some browsers (Firefox and Chrome are repeatedly mentioned);

--If that page is accessible, problems viewing and downloading the new bills (and also how to access and print previous bills under the old system;

--Referral credits missing from September bills and not appearing on the Current Referrals page in the Member Centre;

--Double billing (for line rental when LRS has been paid as well as other cases).

Plusnet do need to make a definitive statement about the issues and the anticipated timescale to resolution. If they do so it might reduce the impact on their hard pressed Customer Service and Billing teams. Perhaps this could be added to the “Your bill’s had a makeover!”  FAQs that is readily visible on the Member Centre page.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
topics merged
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Julee
Grafter

Thank you, at last somebody that seems to agree that this isn't all about customers not wanting to download Adobe, and what system a person is using. I.e. acrobat, Sumatra, PDF-Xchrange, SSTANDARD, screwdrivers, nails, and hammers, to name but a few that have been mentioned in messages I have received. It's about the new billing system at plusnet's end. The customers should not need to upgrade any device's they are using. I could view and save my bills before. It is also about the lack of feedback and over billing. With no repayments. Thank you.

jab1
Legend

OK, @Julee - you just want to moan Wink - I shall refrain from trying to help.

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

An interesting view of the portal while waiting for the Bills and Payments page to load. Not seen it before.

See attachment.

@jaread83

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

VERY interesting, @Strat - not seen that -yet!Smiley

John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Great use of excessive 'white space' @Strat  Funny

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.