cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

infidelus
Rising Star

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

I'm not dismissing the possibility that it could be related to a particular browser, but I'm fairly sure I've seen other people posting with problems who aren't using Firefox.

Firefox is also not the only browser that gets updated regularly.  Chrome does too.  I can't comment on Opera as I've only ever used it for about 5 minutes before deciding it wasn't for me, and I've no interest in anything Apple make (or Microsoft these days for that matter).

The point is, before they released this updated site into the wild, the developers should have tested it against ALL the browsers you mentioned, which they clearly didn't or there wouldn't be 10 pages of complaints in this thread.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Another annoyed customer here, I didn't realise these problems were widespread until finding this thread. Have viewed my bill on Firefox with no problems for years including yesterday. Today I get the bill page with the message Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later. Said bill when I was able to see it contains a 75% overcharge Angry

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I get the " There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator" error under Chrome on Windows.

Do we know if anyone from Plusnet is actually looking at this problem or are they just ignoring it and hoping it will go away?

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

@SteveA wrote:

Do we know if anyone from Plusnet is actually looking at this problem or are they just ignoring it and hoping it will go away?

I think one of the problems is that not everyone is having a problem. Roll_eyes

Works fine for me using Chrome on Win7, although there is a considerable lag before my account details replace the white space, (which has already been referred to elsewhere in this thread.)

clive_p
Dabbler

It may well be true that only some customers are having problems, but they seem to be getting worse.  I first had problems a week ago and some reports date back two weeks.  I just tried again with 3 browsers:  Firefox: "There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator"

(that message was in red now all this is showing red, and I can't see how to switch back),

Chrome:

ERROR

Invalid Session

Error Message: Authentication failure, session missing during completion of profile handler

Edge browser: There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator

I think re-tried Firefox and the 2nd time it did not give an error and on looking in Downloads found (again) a file called $STANDARD which if you change it's type to .PDF will work Adobe Reader or Sumatra.  But the faults are still there.

I can't see any way of reporting them to Plusnet except by phone, which will I'm sure take hours of my time.  Does anyone have an email address or web page in which to report bugs to them?

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@clive_p

Members of the Plusnet Help Team have been seen on these Forums including on this and other topics related to the various issues with the new billing system.

I would sincerely hope that they are feeding back these issues and the resulting frustration (or even anger in some instances) of their customers to the Plusnet management.

It is about time that Plusnet provided some information to customers about the extent of the various problems and their anticipated timescales for resolution. They were keen enough to tell us about the wonderful new system in the lead up to its introduction, but now seem shy!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@jgb wrote:

@clive_p

I would sincerely hope that they are feeding back these issues and the resulting frustration (or even anger in some instances) of their customers to the Plusnet management.

The Forums are being monitored and new issues are being fed back to the dev't team. As you would expect, some issues are categorised as more critical for rapid resolution.  The SU's are actively feeding back the frustration being expressed here.CryEmbarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

@MauriceC wrote:  In post #130

Working OK for me today using FF62.0 (64 bit) - just tested again to check.

Sadly I have to modify my positive response here.  Embarrassed

Happily working within Billing yesterday doing some testing / recording of a few minor issues that may need review - then went for lunch leaving the session logged in.  Returned an hour or so later to run through the gamut of errors already reported by others: Session error; blank page; contact administrator etc.  Logging out and then back into Member Centre didn't fix it, neither did logging out of Community?  Last resort was to reboot PC  (always a good idea Wink) and this seemed to fix it!

This seems to add credibility to @Townman  observations in posts # 112, #113 and #127 that many of the observed problems are session related - time will tell.

Today things have been fine using FF62.0 as previously observed.Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@MauriceC

That is the behaviour I have found on both FF and Chrome. Logging off the Member Centre seems to work most of the time but not always.

Also, there seems to be an inconsistent time lag going from the blank space to the bill - varies from a few seconds to about 30 seconds at times.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro

Managed to view my bill again after clearing history, cookies, internet cache etc and restarting. Like jgb there is a delay of 30-40 seconds with blank screen before the bill PDF appears. Needless to say the 75% overcharge is still there.

LawrenceA
Hooked

Did you know: with the rise of Windows 10, MS Edge has now replaced MS Internet Explorer as the World's most popular browser for downloading other browsers.

By the way, I can't view my itemised bills using Edge either. It just says "No result found" exactly the same as it does for FF and Chrome. So all this blaming it on FireFox is just smoke and mirrors.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

See my response in your other thread.

Julee
Grafter

I have just spent 1/2 a hour speaking to a nice chap a the call centre, I feel sorry for these people now. They did not put this new system in, they just answer telephone calls. I did ask to speak to someone higher up, but was informed there was nobody I could speak to. The overpayment has been taken from my account which will not be refunded for up to 10 days. I did say if I had not played they would quickly require the payment. I also asked if anything was being done to put right the problems with the billing system, and that a large firm would normally have it fixed within 24 hours. I was told that they are working on it 24 hours a day. I say go back to the old system, there were no issues with it as far as I am concerned. It's about time that people who have been overcharged got compensation. I informed plusnet before it even went through to the bank, twice. Nothing was done , despite their promises. I did also say that they would lose a lot of customers due to the billing issues. I hope one of the bosses listens to the recording of my phone call, and reads this post. Put things right before you lose your loyal customers. Thank for your patients customer services billing phone centre.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro

PN's billing system is becoming a disaster and it's hard to know which of the many threads to post in. PN advisor tells me today that my overcharge question has been put back until Thursday (sep 20) as there are other similar questions/tickets. I don't mind as long as my BB continues its usual excellent service, but the PN staff must be disheartened having to deal with so many angry customers, as Julee says it's not their fault.

LawrenceA
Hooked

And there I was, thinking that to view my bill I would go to the section called "Bills and Payments / View your bill."

Silly me!

My bill in the old format is tucked away within "Account Details."  Obvious when you think about it.