cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

stevee88

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Currently on Firefox 62.0 and had the blank page when trying to access bill.

Appears to be sorted by going to Options & either unchecking "Block pop up windows" or leaving it checked and creating an exception for Plusnet.

Hope that helps some folk.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I tried @stevee88  post 120 solution last night but it made no difference to me even after two attempts and closing and re-opening Firefox. I re-enabled pop-up blocker in Firefox and this morning “Bills and Payments” was working! So still flaky in W7 and Firefox.

Re my post 117 above, I had to go through the same process this morning as the” Bills and Payments” page was not working properly until I had logged off the Member Centre and logged back on again (then re-enabled Auto Login) which then enabled me to see my bill. So Auto Login has nothing to do with it and it is still flaky on W& and Chrome as well.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@jab1 wrote:

I can now see my bill for 09/09/18 - and the badly identified link opens perfectly in SumatraPDF, to give a perfectly understandable format. BUT I have a question - are we still supposed to have email notification, as I haven't had any, and there is nothing in 'My Questions' to indicate one has been generated.

To follow up on this: I did get an email advising that my new bill was ready - but this was 24 hours after I had seen it.

John
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I am still having the same issues in Chrome when attempting to view the “Bills and Payments” page etc. (see my posts 117 and 121 above).

Each morning, after booting up my W7 laptop, if I access the Member Centre which had Auto Login enabled the previous day, I cannot get the “Bills and Payments” page to load. If I log out of the Member Centre and log back in, I can then access the “Bills and Payments” page and all the links. If I re-enable Auto login, I can continue to do so for the rest of the day or until I switch the lap top off.

Why does switching off the laptop and rebooting it trigger this access problem?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@jgb I can't answer your final question, I'm afraid, because I use Firefox and don't have auto-login enabled - my login details are remembered and I just click the login button. Maybe it's a Chrome anonymily, but I can't answer that, I never use it.

John
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm having the same issue in Chrome. About to try switching off Autologin!

Switching off AutoLogin and logging off / on again has worked for me too.  This is clearly a bug; any chance it can be pushed up the fix list? It's quite a nuisance, even for those of us with a work-round.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

From what I've seen, this looks like the billing application is holding onto stale portal sessions and not forcing a clean logon at the time they are found to be stale.  A clean clear log off removes ambiguity,

Given the choice between fixing an irritation for which there is a practical work-a-round and fixing a fundamental flaw having no mitigations, I think we can all guess where the priority will fall.  This issue is understandably going to be seen as a "big" issue right now, given that many people will be in and out of the billing system more than normal looking to see how it works … or does not work, as the individual case might be.

As people fall back to their usual pattern of looking at their accounts / bills, even if this issue persists for a while, it will not be quite the same irritation it is right now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Received email yesterday telling me my bill is available to view, tried to view using I.E. and just get a blank page however tried again using Microsoft Edge and up it pops straight away.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Tried in MS Edge - yup ,seems to work every timeSmiley

HOWEVER, still no go in Firefox (which is my default browser) and works every now and again in Chrome.Huh

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Working OK for me today using FF62.0 (64 bit) - just tested again to check.

The interface can be a bit sluggish to respond though. This morning it took 5 seconds to display but depending on (?) it has taken up to 20 secs.  Others have reported similar timing issues and this and other cross browser issues are under investigation by the development team.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidj66 - I am using Firefox v62.0 on Mac and this all works for me and that includes using a popup blocker on the plus.net site. I can select “View your bills” and a window appears allowing me to select a date, and clicking “View Bill” downloads it as a PDF and clicking on the balance shown in "View your bills" download's it for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauriceC - The issue regarding speed may be explained by looking at the site using the Browser's Developer Console, so I'm not saying anything else as I don't want to offend anyone.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've left the tab open in FF(Quantum 62.0 64 bit) since I first posted this morning.Still nothing - so unless its steam powered its not a time issueGrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidj66 - Maybe someone's gone out to fill the coal scuttle and stopped off for a tea break.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anonymous wrote:

@MauriceC - The issue regarding speed may be explained by looking at the site using the Browser's Developer Console.......

I did have a look a few days back Wink