Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

I am running W7 and usually use Chrome, but have Firefox as an alternative.

Using Chrome, latest version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit), I usually get a blank page in Bills and Payments, except for the LH menu. I have tried clearing cookies and sometimes this seems to work for a while and then it reverts to the blank page. Just tried again and the blank page is still there having waited about 15 minutes.

Using Firefox, latest version 62.0 (64-bit), I sometimes get the page totally, sometimes only the headings load in the centre section and sometimes I get the blank page here also. Clearing cookies makes no difference. Just tried and it is the blank page once more, but, going on to Current Referrals and back to Bills and Payments it has loaded!

I am synced at about 67mb so I do not think line speed is an issue.

This has been the tale since the start of September.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Townman Sorry, can't answer your question, but to counter your criticism, I find it works perfectly for me - the only problems I've had with pt are the current crop with this new billing system, and I've been using it as my default browser for longer than I can remember.

John
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Have to agree re Firefox - I've had lots of issues with Chrome over the years whereas FF has generally been OK...and don't get me started on IE in its various in carnations!!

Have to admit that I haven't used Edge at all

jgb
Champion

Out of interest, I have just tried accessing the Bills and Payments page on my Samsung tablet. The page loaded properly and quickly using both the Google app and again when opening in Google Chrome (version 68.0.3440.91) on the tablet. No problems at all compared with the issues on the laptop running W7 and the latest Google Chrome version.

So is it the latest version of Chrome (Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on the laptop that is the issue? Although that does not explain the problems that appear in Firefox (although less frequently).

clive_p
Dabbler

I've found exactly the same thing.   Have they hired TSB to run their systems?   The old billing system was pretty awful but at least it worked.  Using the latest Firefox I can't get at my bill at all.  I got emails from Plusnet saying first that the bill would be delayed because of the changes, and then that my latest bill was available.  But when I click on the latest bill nothing happens - but I can get at earlier ones.  I then tried Chrome and went round and round in circles, eventually I managed to get a bill on the screen, but if you try to print it out it takes up 4 pages, at least 2 of which are useless. 

I tried to contact them by the webchat system which says is available 7 days a week from early to late at night, but at 6 pm it is saying "unavailable".  I wonder what time zone they are living in.   Really hopeless customer service.

infidelus
Rising Star

@Strat wrote:

Just trying to print out an invoice in Edge and I don't get a full invoice printed.

If I 'right click' the invoice and select 'print' I get part of the invoice printed but it's over-laid on the options page.

However if I 'right click' the invoice and click 'Select All' then 'Copy' I can paste it into a Word doc in full. 

Hmm, why didn't I think of that?

Total hack and shouldn't be necessary, but works and I can now export it as a pdf.  Good call Smiley

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@clive_p wrote:

I tried to contact them by the webchat system which says is available 7 days a week from early to late at night, but at 6 pm it is saying "unavailable".  I wonder what time zone they are living in.   Really hopeless customer service.

A notice has been published in Service Information about Live Chat Availability.. It's been temporarily suspended to help reduce wait times on the phones.

Link to notice

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Live-Chat-Availability/m-p/1568259#M322

David
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@infidelus wrote:

Total hack and shouldn't be necessary.

Totally agree but any port in a storm.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jgb
Champion

When I got my email from PN to say that my delayed bill was now available, I used Firefox to access the Bills and Payments page and then the bill itself. I didn’t have any problems printing it but, as has been said, four pages does seem excessive. It may be better to download the bill and then print it from within Adobe as then you can customise that you want (certain pages only, multiple pages per sheet etc.) – that is what I will do in future if I need a hard copy.

Incidentally, my bill is wrong – no referrals amongst other issues.

On the subject of problems with Chrome (latest version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) and accessing the Bills and Payments page etc., I get to stage 2 as described in post 88 by .@Towman. I also get similar in the Member Centre opening page. Does anyone see anything in the blank space in the centre (that is if they only get a blank space!)?

jgb
Champion

When I got my email from PN to say that my delayed bill was now available, I used Firefox to access the Bills and Payments page and then the bill itself. I didn’t have any problems printing it but, as has been said, four pages does seem excessive. It may be better to download the bill and then print it from within Adobe as then you can customise that you want (certain pages only, multiple pages per sheet etc.) – that is what I will do in future if I need a hard copy.

Incidentally, my bill is wrong – no referrals amongst other issues.

On the subject of problems with Chrome (latest version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) and accessing the Bills and Payments page etc., I get to stage 2 as described in post 88 by @Townman. I also get similar in the Member Centre opening page. Does anyone see anything in the blank space in the centre (that is if they only get a blank space!)?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

clive_p
Dabbler

That's a bit stupid.  So the link to Live Chat on the website that tells you the hours that it operates doesn't bother to tell you that it's been suspended, you have to check some other web page "Service Availability" (wherever that is) first.  Can't someone at Plusnet use an ounce of sense?

clive_p
Dabbler

It being a new day I thought I'd try again.  So using Firefox version 61.0.2 I can log in to my Plus.net broadband account, but the third item on the screen says this:

Unable to process the SAML WebSSO request : Unable to process SAML2 Authentication response : Caught Exception while validating SAML2 Authentication response for SSO profile : Request Id doesnt match Inresponse to field of SAML assertion,Possibility of a security breach.

Well let's ignore this, and press on, so I click on Bills and Payments.  The last bill shows the expected amount and it looks like a web-link, so I click on it.  It generates another page with a last bill listed, again with the amount in colour and underlined, which is a web-link.  But this just generates yet another identical page, so I'm going around in circles.

Let's try another tack: click on "View my Bill" this pops up a small window allowing me to select the date. The default selection is 4/9/2018 so I leave this alone, and click on the View Bill button.  It also says I will need Adobe Reader to read it - surely wrong, won't any other PDF viewer like Sumatra work just as well, or does Plusnet get commission from Adobe (this is a genuine question, not a sarcastic remark).

Clicking on View Bill just generates a new page identical to the old one, but I has produced a download saying STANDARD(7) [that's because I had downloaded 6 previous instances I guess).  Unfortunately the file has no file type or extension, so Windows doesn't know how to open it.  Is it actually a PDF?   Well actually it is.  If I start up Adobe Reader DC (is there an AC version too?) and go to files and look in my Downloads directory there is nothing there, but that's because it doesn't look to Adobe Reader like a PDF file.  I have to change the selection from PDF files to All File types, and then I can see it and open it.   Then, amazingly, I can see my 4-page bill for the month.

Should it really be necessary for customers to have to jump through so many hoops to do this?   [That's a genuine question and I'd like an answer].

The more important question is:  maybe everybody isn't getting the same problems, but an awful lot of us are, so why on earth didn't Plusnet do any testing of their new billing system before putting it live?    Given what happened to the Chief Exec of TSB, is the Chief Exec of Plusnet feeling just a tiny bit less stable at the moment?

jgb
Champion

A simple question - why don't PN include a pdf invoice with their billing email? That is what I usually see with other smaller organisations.

Re Firefox, I am using Firefox Quantum version 62.0 (64-bit) on W7 and it seems to work most of the time with the billing pages, unlike my usual browser Chrome (latest version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) which will not allow me to access the Bills and Payments section at all beyond an incomplete first page - see post 99 above.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Getting nowhere in either Chrome or FF today -just reach stage 2 of Townman's admirable post#88 - a big space of white!!!!

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Same here. I have used Edge, IE11 & Chrome and most of the time get the blank space. On a couple of attempts I did get to the billing page but I have just tried again and no success in any of the browsers.