Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

@infidelus wrote:

When I cleared my cookies in Chrome, I just searched for the ones that said plusnet and deleted them.  No need to clear anything other than that.

I may try that, although as I and others have said, I am not convinced it is a cookie issue.

John
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've cleared all PN cookies twice now -but still Bills and Payments leads to a blank pageAngry

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @davidj66 what browser and version are you using? could you try another?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Using 64 bit FF 61.0.2;  Just installed Chrome and logged in to website ...and Bills and Payments works...so its an issue with FF!

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Thanks for clearing that up for us @davidj66

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Richchad
Rising Star

@davidj66 I found if I cleared the cookie iac.plus.net it seemed to work okay for a while in Firefox

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just to stick my nib in I use palemoon and the few times I looked at "Bills and Payments" all I saw was basically a page with the central area blank.

At least that's what I thought. I just happened to leave that tab on while looking at other things and when I went back to it the details were there.

Just starting from scratch and watching the "blank" page the details just take a long time to appear. Half a minute or more.

Makes the forum pages look fast.Smiley

jab1
Legend

@Richchad wrote:

@davidj66 I found if I cleared the cookie iac.plus.net it seemed to work okay for a while in Firefox

@Richchad Just checked and I don't have that cookie on my machine at allHuh

John
Richchad
Rising Star

@jab1 These are the cookies I have in Firefox 61.0.2 (64 bit)

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Spoke too soon about being OK in Chrome -tried to drill down to latest bill ....I get message ..error ..consult your system administrator!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Just trying to print out an invoice in Edge and I don't get a full invoice printed.

If I 'right click' the invoice and select 'print' I get part of the invoice printed but it's over-laid on the options page.

However if I 'right click' the invoice and click 'Select All' then 'Copy' I can paste it into a Word doc in full. 

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

@Richchad wrote:

@jab1 These are the cookies I have in Firefox 61.0.2 (64 bit)

Thanks, @Richchad - found it, but strangely it doesn't appear in CCleaners list of cookies (nor do some others I have on that list):undecided:

Deleting it in the Firefox list works - at least for the next attempt at visiting the bills page, anyway.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@JonoH,

May we have a statement of what the page load sequence should look like please, so that users can better discern what is happening here on their browser?  It has been identified that there is a 5MB+ payload when loading the "application" - on slow lines that is going to take time, more time than some might expect, be happy to wait for.  On Win10 Edge, I see the following.

1. The "frame" page loads - Page loading indicators stop
  2. The standard footer block gets "pushed" downwards leaving a big white space
  3. A blue-grey place holder appears
  4. The new billing screen appears

Repeat the above and I get "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.", refresh repeatedly and get the same error.

Log out, log back in repeat 1-4 above and all is OK.

In passing, this morning I left my PC looking at an old invoice (looking to help work out how to print them), when I returned, I clicked the X to close the modal window and was left with a greyed out billing page, on which nothing functioned.  Did something else and got "pushed" to the logon page.  Somewhat looks like graceless failure in the event of a session time out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

@Townman-I've left the page open for upwards of 10 minutes in FF -but it never advances beyond your "stage 2 "

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Does anyone know if FF has any page load or script time out parameters?

Personally I do not use it as it seems so bug ridden! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.