Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

After clearing cookies on Chrome last night, I got the Bills and Payments page to load, as I said above.

This morning it would not load on Chrome (but did on Firefox). Cleared cookies in Chrome yet again and it loaded....eventually, at the third attempt. Very flaky.

Hopefully the actual billing process goes more smoothly.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

It ain't armageddon! CoolGrin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
infidelus
Rising Star

The new bills should be in PDF format so capable of being downloaded. It's just the old ones which remain in their original HTML.

David

I'd love to know where the pdf download is then as I must be blind.  The only bill I actually want to download is the one generated on 23 August, but all I get is the popup overlay that doesn't show the whole thing on one page.  It's a bit pants to be honest.

I don't need a fancy GUI for my billing, I just want to be able to see and download a copy for my reference.  Clearly not a very well thought out idea on Plusnet's part.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Your 23 August bill is an old one which remains in its original HTML format. Assuming 23rd is your billing date, your first downloadable PDF bill will be on 23 September.

David
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@infidelus Using Firefox 61.0.2 (now 62.0) on Windows 10 it is possible to display the old style bill, then right-click its frame and select This Frame -> Print Frame and it printed OK for me. Other Frame handling options are also available.

Unfortunately Microsoft Edge doesn't allow frame-specific handling. I haven't checked any other browsers..

David
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@flanzm wrote:

Have you tried clearing cookies ?  I was having issues with Chrome but since clearing cookies it seems to work.

Which cook(ies) need clearing? I have a number relating to Pn, and an even greater number relaing to other sites which I don't wish to clear, for various reasons.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi John,

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a cookie issue.  I have seen various failures to load the billing module … which simply rectify on retrying.  I suspect a servicer loading issue or a connection issue (I know that I see connectivity breaks which I suspect are internal to me).

Which browser are you using and if not Edge, have you tried it?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Hello Kevin

Thanks for your response, and I too am not 100% convinced it is cookie issue.

My default browser, on which I consistently see this message is FF62 (64bit). I cannot try Edge - haven't got W10 - but using Pale Moon, the module loads correctly.  I do notice that iFF seems to be loading some 'different' elements when trying to bring up the page, though.

John
infidelus
Rising Star

@spraxyt wrote:

@infidelus Using Firefox 61.0.2 (now 62.0) on Windows 10 it is possible to display the old style bill, then right-click its frame and select This Frame -> Print Frame and it printed OK for me. Other Frame handling options are also available.

Unfortunately Microsoft Edge doesn't allow frame-specific handling. I haven't checked any other browsers..

Thanks for the replies, but it still doesn't work properly as it cuts off the bottom half on both Firefox and Chrome.  I can't comment on Windows or Edge as I run Linux.

The only surefire way of actually printing the whole thing that I can see is taking two screenshots and merging them together.  Maybe before Plusnet decide to change something next time, they ought to do some testing first so they don't irritate their customer base.  Giving the customer the chance to download things BEFORE they make the change would also have been nice.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I too do not think this is a cookie issue.

Today, using Chrome, I am back to getting a blank page in Bills and Payments. Even after deleting cookies the same applies.

Using Firefox, I sometimes get all the text and subheadings in Bills and Payments whilst at other times I only get the subheadings with no other information.

There seems to be no particular pattern.

Also, today, using Firefox, I have had errors in the Current Referrals page - the latest being "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later."

I had a "chat" with PN last night about the new billing system, billing delays and missing referrals and was told that "We have people working around the clock to fix this so it will be put correctly as soon as possible." If so, why does the Service Status indicate that things have been resolved?

I think PN need to be more open about what issues still remain to be fixed and what errors customers might yet encounter with the portal and with their September bills.

Richchad
Rising Star

Well for the last week or so still cannot read any of my bills, phone calls etc.

When I select Bills & Payments all I get is "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later."

I have tried clearing cookies, sometimes I get the page showing various billing options but when I select one I just get a shaded out page..

So PN is there still a problem with this, or am I missing something?

Update

Just noticed it works in IE10 but not Firefox, tried turning various add-ons off but no difference.

However when I exported calls it didn't export duration times..?

No option showing how to save bills in pdf or anything else?

Not impressed...Sad

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

John,

Sorry don't know - I just deleted all history in Chrome since the start of time as I didn't have anything I really cared about.  Since doing that the site has worked ok for me.

jab1
Legend

OK, @flanzm , I understand, but as I've said, that is not an option for me, unfortunately I have a number of cookies I just don't want to delete.

John
infidelus
Rising Star

When I cleared my cookies in Chrome, I just searched for the ones that said plusnet and deleted them.  No need to clear anything other than that.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Shaded out page - on top of that is a smaller modal window with a date drop down. Select a date and then the window is populated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.