Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in new billing system

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon

Inevitably there could be some very rough edges at the moment and lot of customers are probably trying to log in.

Patience is needed I think.

David
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@spraxyt As my bill isn't due for a week, I won't be looking at the 'account/bills bit until at least a week Tuesday.

John
spraxyt
Resting Legend

That's a very realistic approach. Thumbs_Up

David
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Billing system gone to pot?

Hi @silentbazz

Thank you for contacting us regarding your invoice query.

I am sorry for the lack of communication regarding your invoice and fully understand how frustrating this has been for you.

Once the maintenance on our website is complete we will be able to investigate this further with you and outline full details of your complete invoice.

I do apologise for this and if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Regards,

- Warwick

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

"Inevitably"! What? I've been working in the IT business for nearly 40 years, and there should not be any "very rough edges". Most companies (with the notable exception of TSB!) manage upgrades without customers even noticing. Plusnet's systems came back >24 hours behind schedule, and don't actually work. Lots of pages result in server errors, and it still isn't possible to view any account information. Not good.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Completely agree.  I really hope that's there now isn't anything like the final solution, the new billing pages feel like they've just been gaffer taped into the existing site structure - just feels and looks horrible.

This should all of been staged offline, the data migrated across through a slick well rehearsed process without customers being aware that it was going on.

iag

Cannot view bill in new billing system

New billing systems looks to be broken.

I go to "View your bills" and can select the date of the bill (I've tried a few) - but it doesn't display anything.

Same result via Firefox or Chrome.

Anyone else having similar problems?

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Cannot view bill in new billing system

Yep it's still broken - has been out for most of the day.  

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This may help https://plusnet.servicestatus.net

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@corringham

“>24 hours after expected...

Where did you see that expectation set?

I am sure that with all the experience you have in IT you’ll recognise that no matter how well something as big as this has been rehearsed, doing it for real will always be a different game compared to doing it as a rehearsal.

I do not disagree that user expectations could (possibly should) have been managed differently, but the inability to access internet account information for one’s internet service is hardly comparable with TSB’s total failure of their online banking system. You can after all still use the services you have paid for.

FWIW some people have been working nearly round the clock for four days. Been there, got the tee shirt ... it’s a much easier job standing on the side lines complaining ... which help no one.

I’ve asked earlier today for service updates to be published just before the service appeared to have restarted at 1pm ... since which a service update has been published here https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status?_ga=2.83811348.385837034.1535223178-848874939.13781...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

G3WYP
Rising Star

Just logged into account but when I click on view Bill I get "PRGateway Exception: error response from PRPC " in red.

Derek

spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think that is one of the bugs currently being worked on.

Service Status gives limited information but what there is can be found at https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status by clicking the blue website icon.

David
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Three threads merged to keep all queries about the new billing system in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jetstar
Grafter

I still can't view my bill on 01-Sep-2018 only the next bill date had been updated to 01-Oct-2018

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I received an e-mail at 9am today (my "billing" date):

We need to let you know that your September bill will be delayed by a few days.

We just wanted to drop you an email to reassure you that you won't be charged any more or less money, and your service won't be affected in any way. You'll get your usual email notifications when your bill's ready, and payment will be taken via your current method.

We hope this doesn't cause any problems, but please get in touch if you need to. Call us on 0800 432 0200
"0800 432 0200"::tel:08004320200.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.