Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view Plusnet bills using Firefox

FIXED
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Cannot view Plusnet bills using Firefox

Can anyone view their Plusnet bills on Firefox? A Firefox update a few years back blocked my viewing of PN bills. I can access all the other stuff -- account details, buy upgrades or mobile packages of course -- but I cannot view my bill unless I open MS Edge which works perfectly but I don't like MS or Google spying. Firefox updates automatically, current version 90.0.2. I have tried unblocking tools such as Adblock and Disconnect without success.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Cannot view Plusnet bills using Firefox

@Longliner How far do you get into viewing the bills? I know one version of FF had a  problem - but that was over a year ago - and ever since then I have had no issues - I use FF exclusively on a W7 laptop, a Linux laptop and Apple iPad and iPhone, all of which have no issues. The two laptops also run uBlock Origin, so ad-blockers aren't a problem.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Fix

@Longliner 

I find that I can't because Plusnet, still living in the last century, wants you to use Adobe reader.  For some reason the Firefox reader doesn't work with Plusnet files, see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-or-choose-another-viewer

I use Firefox to download these .PDFs then open them with Foxit reader.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Ah, OK @Baldrick1 - I hadn't noticed that. Strangely though, I can open them on the iPad, which only has the default FF viewer, and on the Linux machine which uses a stripped down basic PDF reader. The W7 machine uses SumatraPDF - and has been doing for the past 6 years.

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@Baldrick1 Brilliant, thank you! Following your link I went to Firefox settings - applications - pdf reader and chose Foxit instead of FF. Hey presto -- bills open at once! If you wonder why I needed to view bills my contract renewal involved the usual overcharge, refund and complicated discount addition-deductions outlined in several Questions which also needed Edge to view  🙄

Now all is revealed and hopefully sorted out until next time thanks to PN's overworked but friendly and helpful staff, would say Gandalf worked a magic spell but we're not allowed to name anyone.