Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade my account?

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cannot upgrade my account?

I am trying to upgrade my account from Dialup Lite to Broadband Value. When I arrive to confirm the changes it goes to a page where they say there was an error and could not process etc.....
Is it because the product  I am trying to upgrade to is cheaper than the one I have now?
8 REPLIES 8
Lolaan
Rising Star

Re: Cannot upgrade my account?

I tried again today, still doing the same thing.
I am adding a screenshot of what it says .
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Are your card details up to date ?
Check out this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87657.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lolaan
Rising Star

Yes, I saw that thread. Not only my card is up to date but I had to authorise my next payment.
Strange, I was going to order broadband value and home phone yesterday, I backed off when I reached the page asking me to register my details for direct debit. It seemed then that it was going to go through.
I had decided then that if it was to have a direct debit, I'd rather  pay my line rental 1 year in advance to BT, and then decide whether to move to Plusnet for my phone as well when that year expire,but still have broadband with Plusnet.
But why should I be forced to get the 60GB broadband extra at £11.49, when I don't do big downloads, don't get involved with p2p, don't do any gaming online, don't have a big family, only because my dial up connect lite account happen to be more expensive than the 10GB value broadband. I say that because I have the feeling that if I wanted to upgrade to Broadband Extra, it would go through.
Can someone at Plusnet tell me why I cannot upgrade my Dialup Connect Lite account to Broadband Value?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Lolaan
Can someone at Plusnet tell me why I cannot upgrade my Dialup Connect Lite account to Broadband Value?

AFAIK there isn't an automated upgrade path from dial-up to the new 'family' range of broadband products, it's something that we need to do manually at this side. The portal used to tell you to raise a support ticket instead so not sure what's happened there! Huh
Go to http://my.plus.net and make sure you've valid payment details on your account. Once you've done this raise a support ticket here specifying what account it is you want to upgrade to. Might be an idea to clarify the telephone number you're wanting the service supplied to as well. We'll then make the necessary changes at this side.
The alternative is to register a new account with a new username and then have us cancel the dial-up one.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Lolaan
Rising Star

I have sent my request to the Plusnet team. I have checked the details of my account and everything is accurate.
My payment details are valid (Visa debit) but it states delta (which I think is the same thing).
Thanks Bob  Smiley
Lolaan
Rising Star

What does that mean : " [Internal]  Please advise EU. "
Thats the last message I had on my ticket (received mobile message at 7:00 this morning), stating my case was passed through to the correct department.
I am lucky to have asked about the router as they would have changed my account but would never have sent me a router, thinking that I was changing my account from broadband to broadband instead of dialup to broadband, though I stated, when I opened the ticket, that I was moving from dialup.
I was told 10 mins after opening the ticket asking Plusnet to change my account , that my account was scheduled to change on the 22nd, which I've found extraordinarily quick, so extraordinarily quick in fact that I got suspicious and asked them to check whether my attempt 2 days ago to get BB with home phone has gone through or not.
I just want to know that my account will be changed to Broadband value (without home phone) and that they will send me a router on time.
I wouldn't like arriving on the 22nd without the router and being incapable or connecting to the internet, as I suppose my dialup account will be close then.
I hope I will get an answer soon, the answer to my last comment this time seems to take longer.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the confusion, one of my colleagues mis-read your ticket and thought you want home phone, upon re-reading it this obviously isn't the case. We'll get your order placed today, to complete in 7 - 10 days.
Lolaan
Rising Star

I thought there was something not quite right with it all. I'm glad you were around to sort it out.
This is the first ticket I had to open in the 8 years I was with Plusnet, and sometimes I was wondering if I wasn't getting confused myself. (or maybe it's my writing that is confusing Smiley    )
Thanks again Ben Grin