cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to account to see my bill

sphexx
Dabbler

Cannot log in to account to see my bill

I cannot log in to my broadband & phone account to see my bill. My details are correct [username and password -- I use 1Password manager]. I have tried different browsers. I can log in here to these forums with the same details without problem. I have done a password reset [though I entered my old password and it was accepted] but the problem persists. My operating system etc are current and updated.

21 REPLIES 21
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Cannot log in to account to see my bill

A similar issue has been reported elsewhere.

Does you password include any of ...

Single quote
Double quote
Space
£
@
Backslash

@Gandalf can you add this user to the problem list please as a potential me too?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sphexx
Dabbler

Hi Townman

No, the only non alphanumeric characters are an ampersand and a square bracket, ie &  and ].
It is only 11 characters long.

It has not been a problem before.

The problem has persisted for about a week, I thought maybe there was a problem at Plusnet end that would resolve itself.

Maybe I’ll try a new alphanumeric only password.

Cheers

sphexx
Multiplex
Dabbler

Me too! I have an ampersand (&) and a ! in my current password, total length is 15 characters.

It's working for Broadband PPP access, Mail access, webmail access - but not the new members pages.

For what it's worth I think it it is the ampersand - had similar issues before at work when a web developer didn't handle it properly in on product...

I don't really want to change it yet, please fix - @Gandalf another for the me-to list?

Don't forget to check for Bobby Tables 😉 https://www.xkcd.com/327/

sphexx
Dabbler

It’s not affecting my broadband(or phone) and I don’t use Plusnet Mail (didn’t remember it was a thing).

sphexx
Dabbler

So, I’ve changed my password to alphanumeric 16 characters which was accepted but the result is the same, still “invalid ...” message returned. I’m still logged in here with the old password. So I’ll log out and back in (hopefully) with the new one. Wish me luck with that ;-(.

sphexx
Dabbler

Well that’s a surprise, the new password worked fine logging in here. No noticeable interruption to my broadband connection either.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Your password here is completely separate to your passwords for your account / router / email.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sphexx
Dabbler

Are you sure? I changed my account/billing etc password and it was automatically changed here to the new one! So they seem to be linked.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH

Really? I thought that this space, hosted outside of Plusnet, is totally detached from the CRM - particularly as there are people here who do not have Plusnet accounts.

I know my forum password and account password are distinct - always have been.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@sphexx wrote:

@Townman wrote:
Your password here is completely separate to your passwords for your account / router / email.

Are you sure? I changed my account/billing etc password and it was automatically changed here to the new one! So they seem to be linked.

Very sure, they are in no way linked. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
sphexx
Dabbler

OK, I guess we are using the word “linked” differently here. It seems to me that if I change my password via the Account page and it magically changes to the new one here then that is “linked” to me — maybe it is “quantum linking”?

Anyway I don’t want to get into a discussion about that! It hasn’t got me (and others apparently) any further forward on the “log into my account” problem 😞 .

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It is important that your experience and expectation are clearly comprehended.  You said that changing your password changed your login details here.  There is therefore the possibility that you changed the password in the wrong place.

If you changed your password here - https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:password - that will change your password for the community but not your Plusnet account password.  Consequently you would still not be able to logon to the user portal.

Your account (user portal) password can be reset here - https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ - this will also change the internet connection password required by your router.  If it is a Plusnet router it should update automatically, if not you will need to do that yourself.

It will also change the password on the default email address.

sphexx
Dabbler

No, I changed my password here:

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

and “forgot password here:

https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/

And that changed my password on this Community login — I logged out and back in again to check. I’ve already said this earlier though I didn’t post the links.

That is why I say they are “linked” from my point of view. As I said earlier, I use 1Password password manager so I’m very clear that I am always entering the correct details without any possibility of mistyping.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That would be Jono who over sees the operation of the forum and that post was intended for me elsewhere.  I saw it briefly here before he removed it … that however does not stop people subscribed by email from seeing the transient post.

Back to your logon issue.  If your password contains any of the following, you might well have problems at the moment...

• '
  • "
  • @
  • £
  • \
  • ]
  • space