cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot leave even after death

bobreeve

Cannot leave even after death

I died on 23 July. PlusNet were told on 25 July (after a 30 minute wait on the telephone). They said my account would be closed and confirmed in writing that nothing was owed.

But they still tried to take money for my account by direct debit. My next of kin complained (after another 30 minute wait) and they said it was a computer glitch. Even after this they sent me more emails asking for money. My next of kin complained again (after another 30 minute wait) and received another apology and a promise that the matter would be closed.

Guess what. More emails and another attempt to take money from my bank account.  More long waits and more apologies. This time a manager got in touch with the appropriate department and told my next of kin that they had notified the closure of account but it had actually not been actioned but just added to the waiting pile. The manager promised that the matter was now resolved and nothing more would be heard. What do you think? Quite right.

Today David Leather (Chief Operating Officer) wrote requiring a balance of £8.35p to be paid within 14 days or the matter would be handed to a debt collection agency. My next of kin is writing this while waiting (30 minutes so far) to try and get in touch with Plusnet. 

Ah. 35 minutes later the call is answered and my next of kin passed to a complaints handler after being told that David Leather has left the company (still seems to be signing emails!). More profuse apologies and more promises that the matter will be resolved. I wonder.

Perhaps this is Hell. Dealing with PlusNet..... 

5 REPLIES 5
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Cannot leave even after death

Hi, I'm really sorry about the issues you're having especially at this difficult time.

I'd be happy to fix this for you if you could give me some information that would help me locate the account via PM?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
shobin

This is very common practice from Plusnet I believe. I cancelled my account in July 2018 and for the last three months, I've been charged for a service that Plusnet is not providing. Called customer support four times and every time after a wait for about 30 minutes on the phone and speaking to an agent it's assured that this is being refunded. But the next month a new bill is generated. Attached conversations with the customer support that shows three refunds are due and then the email for a new bill that is generated again to be deducted on 8th of October.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@shobin, sorry to hear you haven't had a refund yet for the time you've paid for a service we haven't provided you with. I can assure you that this isn't normal practice and we'd like to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

I can see that ticket 182838649 is with the right people to process the refund. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shobin

Still, have not received the refunds for three invoices. I've got an email again today asking that payment is due and why I've cancelled the direct debit. This is getting ridiculous now. Good that I cancelled the direct debit or else there would have been another payment taken out from my account for a service that was cancelled three months earlier. 

Not had any communication from PlusNet support as to when this will be sorted out. What a horrible service.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @shobin

My sincere apologies for the delay in processing the refunds you've been promised previously.

I've chased this today with our billing team and they have issued an update via the open ticket on your account here.

Best wishes,

Dave