Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot contact Plusnet!

natalee79
Hooked

Cannot contact Plusnet!

Hi,

I would like to contact Plusnet about cancelling my contract as I don't need it anymore. It seems as though the line is always unavailable - telling you to call back later today or tomorrow, no hold line or anything. Although this is understandable at the moment, there is no alternative contact method! 

How can I go about this? 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Cannot contact Plusnet!

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

Phone is 0800 013 2632

If you're at the end of your contract and have no outstanding fees etc or have worked them out, there's an address you can write to. Those are the only two ways of cancelling.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
briston
Aspiring Pro

I am having the same problem but want to renew. So it looks as if I will default to the stupid out of contract charges. The alternative as far as I can see if write to cancel. EE internet lined up which is also stupid as it's the same underlying company.
natalee79
Hooked

Hi dvorak,

I chose to send via mail since the phone line is not accepting calls - it always says call back later or try again tomorrow.

Can you confirm that the address provided is accepting deliveries? Last week Royal mail said they couldn't deliver the mail to that address and will try again with the instructions they received however I haven't heard anything since then on whether Plusnet have received the mail. I hope I will not have to pay next months bill due to simply not being able to contact Plusnet.

Thanks

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'm just a customer like yourself so can't confirm one way or another, I'm afraid.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@natalee79 

What address did you send it to? The following is the address given in Plusnet's legal section and also in the leaflet/pro forma that they have for requesting cancellation:

Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU.

I am  a Plusnet customer just like you, and so If that address is no longer correct then we need a Plusnet staff member to respond here and tell us what the correct address is now..

natalee79
Hooked

@jgb 

I sent it to that address. I received this from Royal mail:

'We've received a request not to deliver mail to the property your item is addressed to today. We'll attempt delivery as per the instructions we've received, which is usually on the next working day.'

This was last Saturday which could explain why (can't accept delivery on weekends?), they said they would try again last Monday 25th but I haven't heard anything since. Perhaps I will receive another update soon.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@natalee79 

As I find this strange, a question - what service did you send this by - it should have been recorded delivery. in which case, I thought you could track it on the Royal Mail site and see if/when it is delivered and the intermediate steps?

John