cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Renew Contract page error

jamsey66
Rising Star

Cannot Renew Contract page error

Hi, I'm trying to renew my contract that ends end of April, but website won't allow me, I'm on FTTP and have been sent a email stating a new and lower price and obviously would like to take this up.

Thanks in advance

James

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cannot Renew Contract page error

Thanks for your post James,

Sorry for the confusion we've caused with the renewal email we've sent.

I'm afraid that as of December 2019 we've made a decision not to recontract our FTTP customers, which brings us in line with our FTTP terms and conditions Here which advises "there's no minimum contract term on the FTTP trial unless an existing contract has yet to expire which would be carried across"

The price you pay is without any discounts either £20.99 for Unlimited Fibre Extra or £15.99 for Unlimited Fibre, with line rental on top unless you'd want to go broadband only without a phone service.

Our broadband only packages cost £23.49 for Unlimited Fibre Extra and £20.49 for Unlimited Fibre. For a similar reason why we don't recontract, we can't move you between fibre packages while on FTTP due to the way our systems work.

Let me know if you'd want to go down that path and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi Anoush

Thanks for the reply, I gather then from end of April that FTTP will not be available any more, so I have to decide to have phone line or not. 

Can you find out if there is any room in Cabinet 2 that supplies FTTC I have checked the dsl and it returned the attached result which I’m slightly miffed at speed wise, BT have confirmed that I can get Superfast Fibre 2 @ 74mb but do not know when this will be available same with other suppliers in my area.

Can you let me know what speed I can expect if you are no longer supplying FTTP and the lead time this would take, I would prob take not to have the phone line

Kind Regards

James

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi James, we’ll be happy to continue to provide FTTP however this will be on the standard costs you’ve agreed to initially when you signed up to the trial and you’ll remain ‘out of contract’.

Let me know if you decide to drop your phone line and if you want to keep your number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi Anoush, so will that be the price I pay now or will it go up as I don't have a contract Im happy to continue with the price that I pay at the mo, so I really don't need to do anything, sorry to be a pain 😀

Kind Regards

James

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi James, the price you'll pay will be either £20.99 for Unlimited Fibre Extra or £15.99 for Unlimited Fibre, with line rental on top. If you're paying a lower price currently then this would likely be with discounts we've added during a contract term we've applied previously. I'm afraid we're can't recontract you while on FTTP anymore.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi Anoush

Thanks for the reply,

I would like to know the costing just for FTTP no phone line per month and am I right in saying the cost per month for Unlimited Fibre Extra is £23.49 per month for a 18month contract no phone line @66mb.

What is the procedure for this 

Kind Regards

James

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi James, thanks for getting back to me. No problem, I've just tried to ring as I thought it may be easier to arrange this over the phone, but yep that's sort of right. For Unlimited Fibre Extra without a phone line, it'd be £23.49, you'll remain on the up to 76mbps FTTP product and there'd be no minimum contract term.

I've added a bit more detail onto a support ticket you can view and respond to by going Here if you'd like to go ahead.

[Big edit!]

Sorry our broadband only packages are £2 more following the price refresh of 3rd December 2019.

For fibre extra without phone it's £25.49

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet