Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login to Member centre

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Cannot Login to Member centre

@jackal123uk - If you have changed your Plusnet password at any point then that is the password that should be used for both your broadband connection and your Member Centre login. No other password should be accepted.

FYI, when you're using a Plusnet-provided router - any password change initiated via the PN website is automatically pushed down to your router by our hardware management platform.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jackal123uk

@bobpullen thanks for the clarification.  Clearly in my case the password change didn't take but Safari assumed it did and updated the keychain password manager so every time thereafter I was using the wrong password.

The confusing issue is that I was met by a blank screen on attempting to log in with the new password - completely blank and no "incorrect password" message.  This thread suggesting there is possible a wider issue with member centre log in only compounds matters.

In any case, I've tried logging in with a completely random incorrect password and get the same blank welcome screen - it would be helpful if there were some message to indicate wrong password to save having to guess and search the forums.  Maybe others here have also recently updated (but not updated) their passwords so hopefully this helps.

Cyberjam

Hi, i spoke to @plusnet help on twitter, told me to add my user name here as i get blank screen when logging in
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

How are things looking this morning folks?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

nollag2006
Dabbler

I am logging on via my Windows laptop, and getting the same message. It's been going on for weeks now

rooster_lxy

A small improvement but no solution ...

I no longer simply get the white/grey box that appears to cover the majority of the screen ... I now get an invalid username  or password error message.

earfca1

@bobpullen 

All good, have been able to log in and see things once more with both IE and Chrome

Thank you very much

rooster_lxy

When I tried to reset my password I got the "We couldn't find your account" error message.

Digsy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I am able to log in again. Thanks for sorting it out.

Bazinga87

okay, its now saying my username doesn't exist.

Which is a step better than before.

So i am assuming, this is what an earlier poster said - my account wasn't registered right upon registering?

Anders
Hooked

@rooster_lxy wrote:

I no longer simply get the white/grey box that appears to cover the majority of the screen ... I now get an invalid username  or password error message.

Same for me. Blank area has gone, now just invalid username/password message.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anders  and @rooster_lxy 

You are using the correct details I assume. it should be the same user name as your account i.e. the bit before the @ and for password will be the password for your internet account.

Anders
Hooked

@wakeman wrote:

@Anders  and @rooster_lxy 

You are using the correct details I assume. it should be the same user name as your account i.e. the bit before the @ and for password will be the password for your internet account.

Oh I am in now, just tried again.

Anders
Hooked

Looks like I am sorted out now, so thanks for help

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks everyone for the feedback Smiley

@nollag2006 wrote:

I am logging on via my Windows laptop, and getting the same message. It's been going on for weeks now

So, are you still presented with a blank page - or are you referring to something else? Worth trying to log in using a private browser window to ensure nothing old is being cached.

@rooster_lxy wrote:

Hate to state the obvious, but that probably is due to you entering the incorrect details, particularly if the password reset function also returns an error about locating your account. Happy to help locate the account if you can message me privately with your name and postal code.

@Bazinga87 wrote:

okay, its now saying my username doesn't exist.

Same applies. Drop me a private message and we can look into it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team