cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login to Member centre

Anders
Hooked

Re: Cannot Login to Member centre

I am another user with the problem of not being able to sign into my member centre account. I was switched to fibre on Friday 23 October, which seemed to go ok. But since around then I have been unable to login - I just get header/footer/blank-in-between screen posted by other users.

I have reported this to plusnet twice by phone. The last email response stated that they were able to login on first attempt with a test password (had given permission to change). However it is not working for me - I have tried three different browsers on my PC (firefox, edge, chrome), my work PC and my android phone.

I can't respond directly to the message received because I can't get into the member centre.

Any advice appreciated.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anders  Welcome to the forums.

If you look back through this thread you will see posts from @bobpullan (staffer with PlusNet), its a known issue for some users, as he notes and a fix is being tested ready for deployment ASAP once the testing is done. 

You could try the usual of clearing your cache and cookies for Plusnet and relaunching your browser, might work.

I know it does not help but its working for me on Chrome, Firefox and New Edge. No idea why it only affects some people.

Anders
Hooked

Thanks @wakeman for the welcome and the advice.

Latter has not worked for me - I have tried all my browsers. I will keep an eye out for the fix and get back to plusnet if I have to.

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

It's definitely a problem related to plusnet accounts and not a browser/cookie issue. I can access my own account with different browsers, but I always get the problem when I try logging into my dad's separate using the same browsers/computer.

It would have been nice if Plusnet could at least acknowledge there is an issue with a message on the log in page instead of wasting peoples time investigating through forums.

Plusnet - We'll do you proud!

grishmashah77

Thanks, I am able to login into Member Centre now. This is using safari, IE or Chrome.
Anders
Hooked

Does anyone know if there is an update on the promised software fix?

I saw that the login page was down for essential maintenance yesterday evening and I had my hopes up. This morning I am back to being unable to log into my account.

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

I also confirm that I am not being able to log into my account and continue to experience a blank page with a header and footer.

Bazinga87

I am glad i am not the only one who is suffering. I signed up this morning to Plusnet and i have had zero communication from them!! Making me doubt I gave right email address.  

However they have got the grace to bill my bank account.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Anders wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an update on the promised software fix?

I saw that the login page was down for essential maintenance yesterday evening and I had my hopes up. This morning I am back to being unable to log into my account.

That was indeed the release that contained the attempted fix.

Sadly, parts of it have had to be reverted due to some issues that were encountered.

I don't know much more than that at the moment but I assume another attempt will be made to deploy the fix in the near future.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

@bobpullen wrote:
I don't know much more than that at the moment but I assume another attempt will be made to deploy the fix in the near future.

I won't hold my breath. I haven't been able to access my account for nearly a month now. From reading around the forums, this is just one of a catalog of 'account problems' experienced by your members. When I joined Plusnet originally, my order was delayed because you wanted to change my phone number (a mix up with the correct order), and then once I had actually joined, I was put onto the wrong speed of broadband (I was actually paying more than I should have for the service received for the first 12 months!) before Plusnet corrected their error (and refunded the difference in cost for service received). And now I find that I am locked out of my account, not able to view my bills. When will the errors be fixed???

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@essexmatecommun wrote:

When will the errors be fixed???

The fix for this particular problem is now scheduled for Tuesday morning (3rd).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

armageus
Grafter

Just adding that I'm also affected by this - just get a blank section no matter what browser/os I've tried.

Annoyingly I have an open ticket related to billing that I can't view, as can't even log in Sad

Anders
Hooked

@bobpullen wrote:

@essexmatecommun wrote:

When will the errors be fixed???

The fix for this particular problem is now scheduled for Tuesday morning (3rd).

Great, thanks for letting us know.

ksennitt
Hooked

I also get the same thing, on Chrome, Opera, Edge and Safari

Thought it was just me until i found this thread

jackal123uk

Hi all,

I've also been struggling with this for around a month now - no access from any browser on any device - looks like it's looked in but blank screen same as everyone reports.

More recently I've decided to swap my router to a Business Hub 6 as recommended elsewhere in these forums.  What does this have to do with member centre access (or lack thereof)?  Well in setting up the new router I had to enter my account credentials (allegedly the same as to access the member centre)...

Anyway, the router wouldn't connect with my current credentials and I still couldn't get into the member centre.  Then it occurred to me that I updated my password when iOS started nagging about reused passwords a couple of months ago - I updated it from the member centre but how would the router know I updated?  Funnily enough, the new router happily connects with the old password.

Here's the best bit - tried logging onto the member centre with the old password and I'm in first time.  Not sure if it's just a coincidence for me but thought it worth a mention in case it works for anyone else.