cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login to Member centre

daveg6hni
Grafter

Re: Cannot Login to Member centre

Well I'm still good at home with Edge, Firefox & IE11, but Chrome now fails with a blank screen

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/home

I tries the https://portal.plus.net/hostname.php?_ga=2.124688259.829640273.1602840584-1208349036.1585155138 link and got a completely blank page with just "Porta01 7 or 13" seems to be different every time

Dave

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That link now is taking me to portal07.

@bobpullen, I have gotten the page source, but it is quite hefty and don't want to post it on here. It might contain confidental information as well. If you want me to pass it on, let me know and I will.

Sorry you thought you were going to have a quiet day 😛

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Transpires we already know what causes this (thanks @Gandalf). It's due to the structure of some of the error handling code. It has already been fixed and will be deployed as part of a future software release.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

starkx
Hooked

do we know when that release is?

I suspect that the few people on this thread complaining and only the tip of the iceberg. In the meantime we have no way to check our bills etc 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@starkx wrote:

do we know when that release is?

I don't at the moment I'm afraid and not currently in a position to check.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Nuka

Blank page here also. Need download my bill for proof of address.

jaydoubleyou69
Fixes: 1

I'm also getting a blank page, I've tried Firefox and Chrome on my main (Mint Linux) machine, Edge on a Windows PC, Safari on an iPad and Firefox on my work PC via a VPN. I signed up to Plusnet on Thursday, haven't had a welcome email (but they made sure they took my money) and I wanted to check that I actually had an account!

daveg6hni
Grafter

@jaydoubleyou69 

Hi and welcome to the Plusnet community

First off, Don't Panic, I have always found PN very fair and helpful

PN are aware of this recent issue signing in and are working on deploying a fix.

If you are really worried I advise you to Private Message one of the PN staff that monitor this forum @Gandalf has already replied previously in this post and I have always found him helpful, he will also be able to confirm the status of your order.

Regards, Dave 

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

How long does it take Plusnet to deploy a fix for the issue they apparently already have a fix for? I've not been able to view my account or bills for 2 weeks now and I want to be able to see my itemised bill. 

Surely the fact that customers cannot log in to their own account should be given maximum priority and the website maintenance should take place overnight or at the first opportunity. What's the hold up please in fixing this?Huh

starkx
Hooked

@Gandalf  any update on this?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As I understand it, the fix it targeted for release mid-next week.

Whilst I recognise the issue may be frustrating, there is strict governance around making changes outside of a properly controlled software release. We know this isn't affecting the majority.

Appreciate everybody's patience. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks Bob,

I know what it used to be like, working in software myself.

We used to release a version to our dedicated test team, every release they used to do a BVT (build verification test) which was a breath test that everything was working. It it failed that it would get sent back to us. Resend us the build - only then if the new build passed BVT then the test team would go onto the defects they needed to test which us had marked as 'Fixed'. Then they would either 'Close' them if they were happy we had actually fixed it, or 'Reopen' them if the fix hadn't worked. Reopen would usually follow up with a bit of a telling off by your manager, and is a scenario you'd like to avoid.

Very easy to push out production changes and assume they fixed the problem, and they either haven't or made things worse.

The worst one I did I was working on the C++ exception handling on one app I had written. So I put a delibate division by zero error into one of the startup functions, so I could test the errors being raised up the call stack and if it were being reported correctly. "I'll remove it before I check the code changes in". I thought. I think you can where this is going.

I copied across the one line bit of code left it the delibarate division by zero error into the build. So it failed on that of course. What an idiot mistake I made there, at least it also failed on something else whom someone had written, so I could blame them too. 😉 

As long as PlusNet CS are aware and can make manual changes in the meantime I don't see it being a massive problem.

Sorry for the rambling bit there!

Digsy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Same here. Need to update my payment details but cannot log in. I get a blank page as below.

Using Chrome 86.0.4240.75

Capture.JPG

grishmashah77

I am having the same issue where cannot login to my account to view bills and look at updates to current questions/tickets to current outstanding items. I have removed cookies and tried different browsers and still cannot access my account.
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@grishmashah77  and @Digsy 

if you look back a few messages in this thread to the posts by @bobpullen , its a known issue on the site for *some* users, and  they hope to roll out a fix Next week I believe, Website fixes have to be checked and tested before being made public for obvious reasons.

Have you tried another browser? i.e. New Edge, Firefox, Brave, etc.