Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Login to Member centre

daveg6hni
Grafter

Re: Cannot Login to Member centre

>>> U P D A T E <<<

Last night my home PC needed to install some Microsoft updates, this morning I have the same issue if using Chrome, I just get the blank screen, Edge and Firefox are still working thank goodness.

So the only difference from the day before when Chrome worked is the Microsoft upfates !

I suspect a lot more users will be reporting this issue...

Dave

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

@daveg6hni wrote:

So the only difference from the day before when Chrome worked is the Microsoft upfates !

Why would it be Microsoft updates causing it when the same problems exist on both Mac and Windows. It must be an account issue or a website coding problem which is not compatible with browsers. 

PLUSNET, where is your reply to this thread Huh

daveg6hni
Grafter

@essexmatecommun 

I see our point, but if it was an account issue why could I login OK on Wednesday and Thursday, but not today and why only (for me) whith Chrome ?

If it was an account issue then Edge and Firefox would not work either sureky, but they do, well at least today they do  Huh

I think PN must have made a change which has had unforssen consequences especially in Chromw which are only becomming apparent when users update their PCs, as for Macs, I can't say, but have you had any updates recently ?

I take it you used to be able to access your account without issues up until recently Huh

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

@daveg6hni 

I cannot access my account on a mac at home or on a windows pc at my office. Safari, Chrome, Edge. I have the same problem even trying to log in via the Safari browser on an iPhone. 

3 devices using different browsers on each and I cannot access my account or bills. A serious flaw. I'm in the process of moving away from Plusnet to NOW Broadband and would like to be able to view my final bill after I have transferred away. 

daveg6hni
Grafter

@essexmatecommun 

Long shot I know, but have you tried Firefox on your Mac or iPhone ?

I beleive they do make a version for both, so possibly worth a go...

You could also try Private Messaging one of the PN staff that monitor this forum, I have always found @Gandalf extreemly helpful when I am at my whits end Smiley

Dave

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Shot in the dark here, but can those experiencing problems tried browsing here (during a period that you're getting the blank Member Centre pages).

I'm wondering whether or not you're all hitting a particular server behind the load balancer.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks Bob,

I've just tried logging into my sisters account which seems to work. I am not over there at the moment so can't test it there - is it a problem that would just affect people on a PlusNet connection? I would have thought not as it'll be server based your side, but let me know if I am wrong.

I am happy to help out where I can, just let me know if I can do anything else.

starkx
Hooked

portal04

Alex
Community Veteran

@bobpullen 

Just tried your link and that is showing blank for me too, I just don't get the problem when I log into the member centre through the normal means as usual.

I am using MacOS Sierra with Safari 12.12.6.

I have my PC next to me as well, so I can try that if needed.

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

@bobpullen wrote:

Shot in the dark here, but can those experiencing problems tried browsing here (during a period that you're getting the blank Member Centre pages).

I'm wondering whether or not you're all hitting a particular server behind the load balancer.

I get portal01 on my mac and get portal07 and portal04 on my iPhone. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@essexmatecommun & @starkx - are you currently experiencing the issue across all of these devices?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

essexmatecommun
Dabbler

@bobpullen Yes across mac, windows 10, iPhone iOS14. Safari, Chrome, Edge browsers. A blank screen every time for me with header and footer. 

Alex
Community Veteran

@bobpullen 

One thing I have just noticed is the link you posted, Safari moans it is not secure. Nothing loads.

However if I manually enter portal.plus.net it seems to work fine.

Could be a red herring and all that, just thought I'd let you know.

starkx
Hooked

yes. my work machine (win 10) and my home machine (also win10) both experience this issue against firefox, chrome, edge

I've experienced this issue when I am  load balanced to portal02 and portal04

I'm seeing a cross origin issue in the dev console which i'll be honest , are down to your code or to your server configs rather than anything I have going on locally.

I'm also getting an error coming from the minified js files 

see attachment for details

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks both, looks like the portal server theory might be a red herring in which case. 

@starkx I see the COR/JS errors and I don't have issues logging into our website so I'm fairly confident it's unrelated.

@Alex you can just add an 'https://' prefix to get around the security warnings. Not much it would tell me though, as you're not suffering the problem. If it was a problem with a specific server then I'd expect it to affect all connections. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team