cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling

melia

Cancelling

Hi, I wondered if someone might be able to help?
My broadband service was activated on 21st December. I seem to have made a really big mistake, my broadband speed has halved from the second I plugged the modem in, and it's now unbearable! Have been in contact with Customer Support since then, and no resolution, things are taking way too long to get sorted out, have had to raise two complaints now as the first wasn't followed up, so I've ordered BT now and am going to ring Plusnet and cancel in the morning.
I can't seem to find a definite answer to the cooling off period though, and the cancellation charges. I don't want to be lumped with a massive fee for cancelling, especially as the only reason I'm leaving is for the poor service and speeds that mean I can't even send a photo on an email, or view some websites!
Could anyone advise me on best way to handle it?
2 REPLIES 2
melia

Re: Cancelling

Another thing, I was told on the phone that if I left, I'd only have to pay the modem costs, but when I logged into my account there are other fee's showing? Is this correct? Don't really think over £80 is fair for two weeks!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Cancelling

Hi melia,
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection. A cooling off period is only applicable before your service is active, after this you are bound by any contracts you have entered.
What I would say though is I'm quite sure we can get the problems sorted for you. In your first 10 days your line will have been going through a training period and can drop and fluctuate.
Why don't you let me look at it for you and see what I can do.
Jojo Smiley